PCC’s Cosmetology program is designed to provide competency-based knowledge, scientific/artistic principles, and hands-on fundamentals associated with the cosmetology industry.
Course work includes instruction in all phases of:
- Professional imaging
- Hair design
- Chemical processes
- Skin care
- Nail care
- Multi-cultural practices
- Business/ computer principles
- Product knowledge
- Other selected topics
Cosmetology Master Educator Course
Licensed cosmetologists can prepare for the role of instructor and take the NC State Board of Cosmetic Arts Instructor Licensing exam after successfully completing this course.
Next Session is January 19 – June 14 (Hybrid); click here to register online or call instructor Iris Hester at (336) 694-8053.
- Monday – Thursday, 5 – 10 p.m.
- Mondays and Wednesdays as live, online sessions via Zoom
- Tuesdays and Thursdays as in person sessions on PCC’s Caswell County Campus (331 Piedmont Drive in Yanceyville)
|Required Courses for Program||DIP||CERT||CERT2|
|ACA 122||College Transfer Success *||✔|
|COS 111||Cosmetology Concepts I||✔||✔|
|COS 112||Salon I||✔||✔|
|COS 113||Cosmetology Concepts II||✔||✔|
|COS 114||Salon I||✔||✔|
|COS 115||Cosmetology Concepts III||✔||✔|
|COS 116||Salon III||✔||✔|
|COS 117||Cosmetology Concepts IV **||✔||✔|
|COS 118||Salon IV||✔||✔|
|COS 121||Manicure/Nail Technology I|
|COS 222||Manicure/Nail Technology II|
|COS 223||Contemporary Hair Coloring **||✔||✔|
|COS 240||Contemporary Design **||✔||✔|
|COS 271||Instructor Concepts I||✔|
|COS 272||Instructor Practicum I||✔|
|COS 273||Instructor Concepts III||✔|
|COS 274||Instructor Practicum IV||✔|
|ENG 111||Writing Inquiry||✔|
|PSY 150||General Psychology||✔|
|Required Courses for Program||48||34||24|
Courses with matching symbols indicate OR/AND requirements.
Review back page or contact Student Development for more information.
DIP = Diploma
CERT2 = Instructor Certificate
✔ Denotes required for degree completion
Graduates should qualify to sit for the State Board of Cosmetic Arts examination. Upon successful passing of the State Board exam, graduates will be issued a license. Employment opportunities are available in beauty salons as a skin/nail specialist, platform artist, and in related businesses.
- Submit a complete Application for Admission to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit official transcript(s) of high school education and all post-high school course work to the Office of Admissions if requested. Office GED scores or transcript of courses for the Adult High School Diploma may be submitted in lieu of the high school transcript.
- Complete the Admission Placement Test.
- Diploma and certificate admission requirements may vary. Contact the Admissions Office for details.
|ACA 122||College Transfer Success||0||2||0||1|
|COS 111||Cosmetology Concepts I||4||0||0||4|
|COS 112||Salon I||0||24||0||8|
|ENG 111||Writing Inquiry||3||0||0||3|
|COS 113||Cosmetology Concepts II||4||0||0||4|
|COS 114||Salon I||0||24||0||8|
|PSY 150||General Psychology||3||0||0||3|
|COS 115||Cosmetology Concepts III||4||0||0||4|
|COS 116||Salon III||0||12||0||4|
|COS 117||Cosmetology Concepts IV OR||2||0||0||2|
|COS 223||Contemporary Hair Coloring OR||1||3||0||2|
|COS 240||Contemporary Design||1||3||0||2|
|COS 118||Salon IV||0||21||0||7|
|TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED DIPLOMA: 48|
Other Health and Wellness Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate in General Education – Nursing
- Cardiovascular Technician/Monitor
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Healthcare Management Technology – Medical Coding
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Scribe
- Medication Aide
- Medication Technician
- Natural Hair Care
- Nurse Aide
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing