Alumnus of the Year
Each year, the Piedmont Community College Alumni Partnership recognizes an Alumnus of the Year.
- Completed a degree, diploma, or certificate program at Piedmont Community College
- Demonstrated achievement in their profession
- Demonstrated achievement in civic or community affairs
- Shown exceptional dedication to, and support of, Piedmont Community College
Up to four (4) letters of recommendation may be added to the application. Letters are accepted from anyone not related to the nominee and can be submitted in two ways:
1. Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mailed to PCC Foundation, PO Box 1101, Roxboro, NC 27573
All nomination materials will be accepted through Thursday, February 29.
Current employees are excluded from consideration.
The nominator must provide the nominee’s valid phone number and/or email address for the nominee to be considered.
About the PCC Foundation
Since 1978, the Piedmont Community College Foundation, Inc. has been providing critical support for programs that enhance the quality of education for students and expand educational opportunities for the communities the College serves. The Foundation is a non-profit, charitable corporation, organized under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
A gift to the Piedmont Community College Foundation is an investment in the quality education of our students and the vitality of our communities, both now and in the future. It is an investment that will pay dividends for generations to come. Gifts and contributions are tax-deductible.
The Foundation Board of Directors is comprised of community, business, and industrial leaders oversees the programs and activities of the Foundation.
- Online Donations can be accepted using the link above. These gifts can be recurring, as well!
- Cash Gifts (check or credit card) are tax deductible in the year given. Checks can be made payable to PCC Foundation or you can call the foundations office with your credit card at (336) 322-2105.
- Checks can be mailed to: PCC Foundation, PO Box 1101, Roxboro, NC 27573
- Pledges (single or multiple payments) may be given for PCC’s greatest needs or designated to begin a scholarship endowment or support a specific program.
- Matching Gifts are often offered by employers. Ask your HR department if your organization will match a charitable gift.
- In-Kind Gifts must fulfill a stated need of the College. Appraisals may be required. Ask for additional information.
- Securities may be deducted at full market value without paying capital gains taxes on appreciated value. If you wish to donate securities over a holiday for end of year giving, and a Foundation Team member is not available, you can contact Edward Jones directly.
In order to continue to build a culture of philanthropy, investing in the development, outreach, and operational efforts of the Foundation is vital to the future of PCC. Therefore, beginning July 1, 2022, a small fee or assessment on restricted gifts and on our endowment will be administered. Learn more here.
DTC ID #: 0057
FBO: Piedmont Community College
Jones Account #: 245-11061-1-2
Address: Edward Jones, 314 N. Madison Blvd. Ste A, Roxboro, NC 27573
Telephone: (336) 583-3437
- IRAs/Retirement Plans and other pensions, 401(k) savings plans are potentially the most tax burdened asset that one may own, often subject to both income and estate tax. There are several ways to gift these assets and escape tax liabilities.
- Life Insurance policies can include PCC as a beneficiary or owner of the policy.
- Planned Giving is a wonderful way to leave a legacy in the area of education. Many planned giving options offer significant tax benefits, as well.
- Wills and Bequests can ensure that future students will continue to benefit from your generosity.
- Real Estate is often a way to give a large gift while also enjoying significant tax benefits.
- Naming Opportunities are available at PCC. Dedicate a specific classroom and leave a long-lasting tribute at the College.