What is the 8-Week Advantage?
The 8-Week Advantage is a schedule designed with your success in mind. The 8-Week Advantage will enable you to complete your programs of study faster.
(Classes are subject to change.)
What are the advantages of taking 8-week courses at PCC?
Shorter Time Frame
- Get the same number of credits in 8-weeks instead of 16-weeks.
- Some students may be able to complete more courses each semester than in a traditional 16-week course schedule, which will lead you faster to earning your degree!
- Take two classes each session rather than 4-5 classes at the same time.
- Focus on just two subjects at one time.
- Students are more successful when they can focus their attention on fewer subjects at one time.
- Halfway through a 16-week course, students start to drop classes, get overwhelmed, or stop coming to class.
- Stay on track to graduate sooner.
- If you have more responsibilities like a job and family, focusing on two classes in each session will fit into your schedule better.
- You don’t have to wait a full semester to get back on track. If you are late registering for the Fall 1 semester, you don’t have to wait until Spring. You still have Fall 2 to get started!
Contact your advisor today to get more information about PCC’s 8-week course schedule.
Go to Self-Service to search for 8-week courses.