NA Refresher: Day Courses
*Prerequisite: Please email Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu for qualifications or view the list below.
Refresher Course Qualifications:
- Current certification on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry, but has not met the eight (8) hour employment requirement above.
- Current certification in another state. Please email a copy of certification after you have registered to Lori Watlington.
- Certification expired no longer than 3 years from the date of the course (this gives the 2 year certification period plus 3 years of expiration) on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry.
- Completion of a state-approved NA I training program within the past two years; for students who have failed or not attempted the NC Nurse Aide I exam. Submit evidence of course completion with your registration.
- Military personnel who have medical/corpsman training or enrollees who have completed course(s) equivalent to the NA I content may enroll with permission of the program director.
If none of these apply to you, you must enroll in Nurse Aide I.
Graduates of this curriculum may be eligible to be listed on the registry as a Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II. They may be employed in home health agencies, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, extended care facilities, and doctors’ offices.
Other Health and Wellness Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate in General Education – Nursing
- BLS/ BLS Instructor Training & Heartsaver CPR/ First aid/ AED
- Cardiovascular Technician/Monitor
- Central Sterile Processing
- Cosmetology – Diploma/Certificate
- Cosmetology – Short-Term Training
- Emergency Medical Science
- EMT/ Paramedic Programs
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Healthcare Management Technology – Medical Coding
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online (Career Step)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding & Billing – Online
- Medication Aide
- Medication Technician
- Nurse Aide I (CNA)
- Nurse Aide II (CNA)
- Pharmacy Technician – Online*
- Phlebotomy Technician