NA Refresher: Day Courses
*Prerequisite: Please email Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu for qualifications or see the list below.
|45656||Oct. 26 – Nov. 10||Caswell||M-Th, 8 – 12 p.m.||None|
|47081||Jan. 31 – Feb. 15||Caswell||M-Th, 1 – 5 p.m.||None|
Refresher Course Qualifications:
- Current certification on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry but has not met the eight(8) hour employment requirement above.
- Current certification in another state.
- Certification has been expired no longer than 2 years (this gives the 2 year certification period plus 2 years of expiration) on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry.
- Completion of a state-approved NA I training program within the past two years; for students who have failed or not attempted the NC Nurse Aide I exam. Submit evidence of course completion with your registration.
- Military personnel who have medical/corpsman training or enrollees who have completed course(s) equivalent to the NA I content may enroll with permission of the program director.
If none of these apply to you, you must enroll in Nurse Aide I.
Graduates of this curriculum may be eligible to be listed on the registry as a Nurse Aide I and Nurse Aide II. They may be employed in home health agencies, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, extended care facilities, and doctors’ offices.
Other Health and Wellness Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate in General Education – Nursing
- BLS/ BLS Instructor Training & Heartsaver CPR/ First aid/ AED
- Cardiovascular Technician/Monitor
- Central Sterile Processing
- Cosmetology – Diploma/Certificate
- Cosmetology – Short-Term Training
- EMT/ Paramedic Programs
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Healthcare Management Technology – Medical Coding
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online (Career Step)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding & Billing – Online
- Medication Aide
- Medication Technician
- Nurse Aide I and II (CNA)
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician