This program introduces the primary responsibilities of a central sterile technician and includes practical applications of learned concepts and procedures. Topics include preparation, storage, distribution of instruments, supplies and equipment, quality assurance and inventory management. Upon completion, students should be able to apply the principles of sterilization/disinfection in the workplace, as well as the principles of distribution of instruments/supplies.
Prerequisite: High School Diploma/High School Equivalency Diploma.
|46233||Theory||Online||Online||*7/12 – 9/6/21||*Asynchronous|
|Clinical||Face to Face||Person Memorial Hospital||8/31 – 9/22/21||M/W; 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. |
**day/times subject to change
· *Asynchronous: Class instruction is delivered exclusively online. Class includes learning activities and content that students are expected to engage independently and on their own time. While students are free to engage the material at the time most convenient for them, assignments are expected to be completed by the indicated due dates.
$189, Registration fee. This amount is due at time of registration. Scholarships are available for NC Residents! More information will be sent after you have registered for the class.
To register, contact:
- (336) 694-8080.
Registering for Continuing Education Courses is fast and easy! You can register in person, online, or by mailing your payment with registration form.
- Review the available classes. You will need the Course start and end dates, course title, and course location.
- To register in person, please contact Lori Watlington to schedule an appointment Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu .
- To register online (preferred):
Click here to submit your registration form. Once received and registered, you will receive an email with payment instructions from Lori Watlington.
To register by mail:
Download the Continuing Education Registration Form and fill out all items. You will need one form for each course you wish to take. Mail completed registration form(s) with check or money order to:
Piedmont Community College
ATTN: Lori Watlington
PO Box 1150
Yanceyville, NC 27379
Other Health and Wellness Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate in General Education – Nursing
- BLS/ BLS Instructor Training/ Heartsaver CPR-AED
- Cardiovascular Technician/Monitor
- Cosmetology – Continuing Education/Short-Term Training
- Cosmetology – Diploma/Certificate
- EMT/ Paramedic Programs
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Healthcare Management Technology – Medical Coding
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online (Career Step)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding & Billing – Online (Career Step)
- Medication Aide
- Medication Technician
- Nurse Aide I and II
- Nurse Aide Refresher
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician