The next course will not be offered until late spring 2024. Please check this site for updates.
|TBA||Late Spring 2024||Person County Campus|
Late Spring 2024
|Late Spring 2024|
The Central Sterile Processing course is a Hybrid* course. The first day of class and clinical dates are required to be completed face-to-face on the Person County Campus in Roxboro, NC. The remaining hours for theory will be completed online via Blackboard.
Clinical Hours: Students will be assigned to a clinical site during a specific week (completed between week 5 and 9). Students will complete 18 hours of clinical rotation during their assigned week. The assigned site and week students are to attend clinical will be determined by the instructor and student AFTER the course has begun. This cannot be pre-scheduled.
An example of a clinical schedule is M/Th, 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (two, 9-hr. days to complete the 18 hrs.). Schedules are determined by the assigned clinical site.
*HYBRID: A combination of Face-to-Face and Online (more than 50% online). You will have contact with your instructor in the classroom and will need to be motivated to complete coursework online, outside of the classroom. Internet access is needed for hybrid classes.
Prerequisite: High School Diploma/High School Equivalency Diploma.
- $189, Registration *Scholarships are available for qualifying students. See below for more information.
- $132, Textbook; Textbooks will be available for purchase from the Director on the first day of class. Textbooks are not available from the Bookstore or other outside sources. Students must purchase on the first day.
- Verified Credentials – Criminal Background Check & urine Drug Screen, $124.20.
Background check and immunization record upload are required to be completed by the second week of the course.
The following immunizations are required:
Hepatitis B (series of 3 doses or a Titers blood test)
MMR (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
Varicella (Chicken Pox) (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
COVID Vaccination (religious and medical waivers are not accepted for students by the Clinical facilities)
- $138 Credentialing Exam ( https://www.cbspd.net/tech/ )
Scholarships may be available for qualifying students. More information will be sent to students in the payment email once students have been registered. Please visit https://www.piedmontcc.edu/becoming-a-student/paying-for-college/scholarships/ for more information, however please do not apply for a scholarship until you have been registered for the course. The deadline for scholarship submission is 1 week prior to the start date of the course.
Lori Watlington, Director of Health and Wellness
Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu, (336) 694-8080
Registering for Continuing Education Courses is fast and easy! Review the available classes. You will need the Course start and end dates, course title, and Section number (all found above in the schedule).
- Click here to submit your registration form. Once received and registered, you will receive an email with payment instructions from Lori Watlington.
Director, Health and Wellness
(336) 694-8080 | P102
Dean, Health and Public Safety
(336) 322-2213 | L107
Other Health and Wellness Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- BLS/ BLS Instructor Training & Heartsaver CPR/ First aid/ AED
- Cardiovascular Technician/Monitor
- Cosmetology – Diploma/Certificate
- Emergency Medical Science
- EMT/ Paramedic Programs
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online (Career Step)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding & Billing Part I & II – Online
- Medication Aide
- Medication Technician
- Nurse Aide I (CNA)
- Nurse Aide II (CNA)
- Nurse Aide Refresher
- Pharmacy Technician – Online*
- Phlebotomy Technician