Students will learn the anatomy and physiology of the heart, including the electrical conduction system and how it affects heart function. This course also covers:
- Cardiac cycle
- Common artifacts
- Cardiac terminology
- Prepare patients
- Properly place leads
- Mount and run an EKG strip correctly
Person County Campus
- Fall 2021
- Times TBA
- With M. Ratka
Caswell County Campus
- Jan. 12–May 6, 2021
- Class/Theory: Online (BlackBoard)
- Clinical/Lab: T/W/Th; 4:30 – 7:15 p.m.
- With M. Ratka
- $198, Registration fee. This amount is due at time of registration.
- $103.81, Textbook: Electrocardiography for Healthcare Professionals, Fourth Edition, ISBN 978-0-07-802067-4. Textbooks may be purchased from the PCC Bookstore at www.pccstore.com.
- $69, NHA Online Practice Exam & Study Guide purchased directly from NHA using credit/debit card. Piedmont Community College will invoice third-party sponsors who are providing payment for students.
- $12.12, Rapid-Cardiac Universal Badge (R-CAT). R-CAT Badge can be purchased from the Bookstore or anywhere EKG supplies are sold.
- $117, National Healthcareer Association (NHA) EKG Technician Board Exam. This fee is paid directly to NHA ten days before testing. Students must successfully complete the class before registering for the exam. The exam will be held on the Caswell County Campus.
To register, contact Lori Watlington by email at Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu or by phone (336) 694-8080.
Registering for Continuing Education Courses is fast and easy! You can register in person, online, or by mailing your payment with registration form.
- Review the available classes. You will need the Course start and end dates, course title, and course location.
- To register in person, please contact Lori Watlington to schedule an appointment Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu .
- To register online (preferred):
Click here to submit your registration form. Once received and registered, you will receive an email with payment instructions from Lori Watlington.
- To register by mail:
Download the Continuing Education Registration Form and fill out all items. You will need one form for each course you wish to take. Mail completed registration form(s) with check or money order to:
Piedmont Community College
ATTN: Lori Watlington
PO Box 1150
Yanceyville, NC 27379
Other Health and Wellness Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate in General Education – Nursing
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Healthcare Management Technology – Medical Coding
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Scribe
- Medication Aide
- Medication Technician
- Natural Hair Care
- Nurse Aide
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Professional Medical Coding & Billing