Curriculum Foundation Scholarship Application
The PCC Foundation is accepting curriculum scholarship applications for the fall semester.
Over 100 scholarships are available! Enrolled full-time in a Career & Technical or Teacher Preparation program? You could qualify for FULL TUITION FUNDING from the Pacer Promise Program – all in this one application!
Application Guidelines & Selection Process
- To be considered for a scholarship, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and supply all necessary documentation to the Financial Aid office prior to the deadline. Click here to learn more about Financial Aid.
- Complete the scholarship application, including the essay questions. Tell your story in more than one sentence so the committee can have a full understanding of your current need.
- Ask two people to provide a letter of recommendation and email them to: email@example.com. It’s a great idea to follow-up on your request.
- Submit ONE application per cycle.
- Enroll in more than 6 credit hours/semester and have a GPA of at least 2.0.
- Scholarships awarded through the Foundation are only for use at Piedmont Community College.
- Scholarships do not require repayment unless the terms of the scholarship are violated.
- All scholarships are competitive and are based on criteria established by donors.
- The selection committee assigns numerical scores to each essay question based on content, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Questions about the PCC Foundation application process? Contact Tammy Duncan at (336) 322-2105 or Tammy.Duncan@piedmontcc.edu.
Other Curriculum Scholarships opportunities
- SECU Foundation “People Helping People®” Scholarship
- Longleaf Commitment Grant: Full-time eligible students are guaranteed to receive $700 to $2,800 per year, for a total of two years.
- Wells Fargo Scholarship
- NC Reach: For students 18-25 years of age
- PNC Scholarship
- Home-Security.com Clean Energy Scholarship
- Community Foundation of the Dan River Region: For students who graduated from a high school in Danville, Pittsylvania, or Halifax County, Virginia or Caswell County, North Carolina. Application period Jan 1-March 1.
- North Carolina Farm Bureau’s R. Flake Shaw Scholarship: For students pursuing agriculture-related program
- Caswell County Farm Bureau Scholarship: For recent high school graduates
- Caswell County Cattlemen’s Bobby Aldridge Scholarship: Caswell County high school seniors pursing agriculture-related program
Transferring Student Scholarships
If you are transferring from Piedmont Community College to one of the 16 UNC System schools in North Carolina, a list of available scholarships is located here.
Short-Term Workforce Development Scholarship Applications
See the individual application links below. Golden Leaf and State Employees Credit Union applications should be submitted to Tammy Duncan via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by stopping by Building D Room 117 on the Person County Campus, or by giving the application to your program coordinator.
Golden Leaf (funds are temporarily unavailable. Check with your program director for other funding sources.
- Up to $925 per semester for credential programs with over 96 hours
- Helps cover the cost of attendance for eligible, credential aligned programs in Workforce Continuing Education
- Award amount varies according to program of study
- Must be able to attest you are a resident of North Carolina, employed in North Carolina, or intend to be employed in North Carolina. The Residency Determination Service (RDS) process in not required
- Must be enrolled in Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) pathways/courses leading to an NC Workforce Credential identified as either Essential or Career level. These pathways may consist of a single WCE course or a series of courses.
- APPLICANTS MUST BE REGISTERED FOR THE COURSE BEFORE SUBMISSION OF THIS APPLICATION.
Click here for Eligible Courses
- AHR-3131K-HVAC: A/C
- AHR-3131M-HVAC: Electrical
- AHT-3131L-HVAC: Heating
- AUT-3200-Small Engine Repair
- BTC-3200-Biowork: Process Technician
- CCT-3110-Cybersecurity CompTIA Sec+
- LOG-3400A-Certified Logistics Technician
- MED-3300M Medical Administrative Assistant
- MED-3002 Central Sterile Processing
- NUR-3240 Nurse Aide I
- NUR-3241 Nurse Aide II
- PHM-3250 Pharmacy Technician
- SEF-3001 TRA 3607-CDL
If your course is not listed, it is not an eligible course for this grant.
- For students studying in the following pathways:
- Healthcare: Nurse Aide I, Nurse Aide II
- Advanced Manufacturing: BioWork Process Technician, Certified Logistic Technician, Certified Production Technician
- Construction: HVAC Air Conditioning, HVAC Heating, HVAC Electrical
Short-Term Scholarship through the PCC Foundation
- Pays for the registration fee for credential programs with over 96 hours, such as:
- Emergency Medical Services
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Information Technology
- CDL Class A Truck Driver Training
- Includes scholarship funding for the credential exam (for those who successfully complete the class and get the instructor’s referral signature)
Gary Ray Davis Emergency Medical Services Scholarships
- For students in PCC’s EMS program
Here are other helpful links when looking for additional funding
Scholarship Search Engines
- College Ave Monthly Scholarship
- College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC)
- U.S. Department of Labor Scholarship Database
- SallieMae Scholarship Search
- Wells Fargo Tuition Funding Sources
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Guide for Black Students
- Guide to Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- UNCF Scholarships, Programs, Internships and Fellowships
Scholarships for Veterans and/or Family Members:
- North Carolina Department of Military and Veterans Affairs Scholarship
- North Carolina National Guard Association Scholarships
- American Legion Legacy Scholarships
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Scholarships
- Scholarships for Military Families
- Wells Fargo Veterans Emergency Grant Program
- Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program
- Army Women’s Foundation
- Military Spouse Scholarship
If you are a veteran of military service or a family member of a veteran, you may be eligible for special benefits. Click here for more information, or contact the Financial Aid Team at (336) 599-1181, ext. 2108 or in Building E on the Person County Campus.