Phase I Update:
Piedmont Community College is excited that the first phase of CEAD is fully funded, and teams are working steadily on the design stage. This first phase of the project includes:
- Food Hub in partnership with 4P Foods
- Incubator farm plots available for PCC’s Agribusiness Technology students and community members (more details coming soon)
Many local farmers are currently supplying 4P Foods with local, Caswell-grown products that are sent all over the region, and many more farmers are working with officials to begin producing for them as well. CEAD is already having significant economic impacts for the community.
PCC continues to work closely with its partners, including Caswell County Agriculture Extension Office, Caswell County government, and the Piedmont Progressive Farmers’ Cooperative, to maintain progress. In September 2022, the community celebrated these important milestones with a ribbon-cutting ceremony (photo). Stakeholders from across the region attended the event, including many of the project’s financial donors which include the Danville Regional Foundation and the North Carolina Tobacco Trust Fund Commission.
The second and third phases of the project include the construction of an education building which will house PCC’s Agribusiness Technology program and the afterschool agriculture program for local youth, Breakthrough Learning in Agriculture Science Technology (BLAST!). The site will also include a welding and small engine repair lab, local health clinic, storage for local food pantries, food retail opportunities, an ADA-compliant emergency shelter, and walking trails.
· Agribusiness Educational Building
- Home of PCC’s Agribusiness Technology program
- Home of BLAST! Afterschool & Summer Enrichment Program
- Small Engine Repair
- Welding Lab
· Food Hub in partnership with 4P
· Incubator Farm
· Caswell County Extension Office Programming
· Health Clinic satellite location in partnership with the Caswell County Health Department
· ADA Compliant Emergency Shelter
· Future Food Retail Opportunities
· Future Nature Trails
“We want this space to have not only a great impact for local farmers but also be for the overall betterment of the full community.”
– Dr. Pamela Senegal, PCC President
Read about the Caswell County meeting in September 2019 where
community members and commissioners supported
PCC’s Agribusiness efforts in Pelham!
PCC’s Center for Educational and Agricultural Development
serves as an economic development and community project
CEAD Project Partners
This Project Plan is a step towards a vibrant, energetic campus where many different parts of a healthy local food system work together and strengthen each other. The overall project captures many years of vision and leadership from dedicated community members.
Caswell County Government
Caswell County Economic Development
Piedmont Community College Foundation
Caswell County Cooperative Extension
Danville Regional Foundation
N.C. Tobacco Trust Fund Commission
Bordeaux Construction Company, Inc.
Master Plan** (.pdf)
Phase Details for CEAD (as of 11/3/22)** (.pdf)
CEAD Master Plan
How Can You Help Advance Our Communities Forward?
- * Donate online by clicking here
- * Mail your contribution to PCC Foundation, P.O. Box 1101, Roxboro, NC 27573
- * Contact Dr. Pamela G. Senegal or Beth Townsend to meet and discuss other options, including gifts from securities, IRAs, retirement plans – all that offer the donor additional benefits.