|46063||Theory||Online||Online||*6/21 – 9/6/21||*Asynchronous|
|Lab||Face to Face||Person|
|6/21 – 9/6/21||T/Th; 3 – 7 p.m.|
|Clinical||Face to Face||As assigned||9/7 – 12/31/21||As assigned|
- *Class will meet on campus on the first day (6/21/21) from 3 – 7 p.m.
- *Asynchronous: Class instruction is delivered exclusively online. Class includes learning activities and content that students are expected to engage independently and on their own time. While students are free to engage the material at the time most convenient for them, assignments are expected to be completed by the indicated due dates.
- Click here to view course schedule/outline for exact dates class will meet face to face.
This course places emphasis on:
- Medical terminology;
- Safety and universal precautions;
- Health care delivery systems;
- Patient relations;
- Anatomy and physiology;
- Specimen collection.
1. Tuition and fees: The registration fee is $198.
2. Textbook: Phlebotomy: Worktext and Procedures Manual ISBN# 9780323279406; textbooks are available for purchase from the PCC Bookstore, www.pccstore.com for $97.14
3. Uniform: Red scrubs (2-3 sets recommended), black leather closed toe closed heel shoes, and black socks are required for lab days and clinical.
4. Students must purchase a criminal background check ($77.20) and urine drug screen ($35) through Verified Credentials. You will also have to upload your immunization record into your Verified Credentials account. The following immunizations are required:
- Hepatitis B (series of 3 doses or a Titers blood test)
- MMR (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
5. National Healthcareers Association National Certification exam – $117
6. $69, NHA Online Practice Exam & Study Guide purchased directly from NHA using credit/debit card. Piedmont Community College will invoice third-party sponsors who are providing payment for students.
For more information, contact us by email at Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu or by phone at (336) 694-8080.
Registering for Continuing Education Courses is fast and easy! You can register in person, online, or by mailing your payment with registration form.
- Review the available classes. You will need the course start and end dates, course title, and course location.
- To register in person, come to the Workforce Development office to complete the registration form and pay your registration fee.
Caswell County Campus, 331 Piedmont Dr. Yanceyville, Room K-213
Person County, 1715 College Drive, Roxboro, NC, E-112
- To register online, click here to submit your registration form.
Once received, you will receive an email with payment instructions. Payment must be received within 48 hours of submitting registration form. If payment has not been received, your registration will be voided and you will have to re-submit.
CLASS WITHDRAWAL/TRANSFER POLICY:
Students may withdraw and receive:
- 100% refund if REQUESTED prior to course beginning or course cancellation
- 75% refund if REQUESTED before the 10% point of the total course meetings
In order to receive a refund or transfer to another section, the student must call:
Lori Watlington, (336) 694-8080
Click here to learn more about Piedmont Community College’s Continuing Education class refund policy.
What is a Phlebotomist job description and average salary?
Other Health and Wellness Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate in General Education – Nursing
- Basic Life Support; Heartsaver CPR-AED; BLS Instructor Training
- Cardiovascular Technician/Monitor
- Cosmetology – Continuing Education/Short-Term Training
- Cosmetology – Diploma/Certificate
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Healthcare Management Technology – Medical Coding
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online (Career Step)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding & Billing – Online (Career Step)
- Medication Aide
- Medication Technician
- Nurse Aide I and II
- Nurse Aide Refresher
- Pharmacy Technician