|48413||June 21 – Sept. 1 (Theory)|
Sept. 2 – Dec. 22 (Clinical)
|Person County Campus|
Varies; Assigned by Instructor
|*Theory: T/Th, 4:15 – 7:15|
Clinical: Hours as assigned
*Students are required to complete a minimum number of hours online via BlackBoard as shown in the outline above.
BLENDED: A combination of Face-to-Face and Online (less than 50% online). Stay motivated and stay in communication with your instructor!
This course places emphasis on:
- Medical terminology;
- Safety and universal precautions;
- Health care delivery systems;
- Patient relations;
- Anatomy and physiology;
- Specimen collection.
1. Registration fee – $198.
2. Textbook: $97.14
Phlebotomy Essentials, Enhanced Edition (w/Navigate 2 Premier Access Code) 7th Edition, ISBN# 9781284209945;
Available for purchase from the PCC Bookstore, www.pccstore.com, course number is MLA-3022
3. Uniform: Red scrubs (2-3 sets recommended), black leather closed toe closed heel shoes, and black socks
are required for lab days and clinical.
4. Verified Credentials – Criminal Background Check, $82.20, and urine Drug Screen, $35.
Background check and immunization record upload are required to be completed by the second week of the course.
The following immunizations are required:
- Hepatitis B (series of 3 doses or a Titers blood test)
- MMR (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
- COVID Vaccination (religious and medical waivers are not accepted for students by the Clinical facilities)
5. National Healthcareers Association National Certification exam – $125
6. $75, NHA Online Practice Exam & Study Guide purchased directly from NHA using credit/debit card. Piedmont Community College will invoice third-party sponsors who are providing payment for students.
For more information, contact us by email at Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu or by phone at (336) 694-8080.
Registering for Continuing Education Courses is fast and easy! You can register online or in person (by appointment only).
- Review the available classes. You will need the course start and end dates, course title, and course location.
- To register online, click here to submit your registration form.
- To register on campus, please email Lori Watlington to schedule an appointment.
Once received, you will receive an email with payment instructions. Payment must be received within 48 hours of submitting registration form. If payment has not been received, your registration will be voided and you will have to re-submit.
CLASS WITHDRAWAL/TRANSFER POLICY:
Students may withdraw and receive:
- 100% refund if REQUESTED prior to course beginning or course cancellation
- 75% refund if REQUESTED before the 10% point of the total course meetings
In order to receive a refund or transfer to another section, the student must email Lori Watlington or
call (336) 694-8080
Click here to learn more about Piedmont Community College’s Continuing Education class refund policy.
What is a Phlebotomist job description and average salary?
Other Health and Wellness Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate in General Education – Nursing
- BLS/ BLS Instructor Training & Heartsaver CPR/ First aid/ AED
- Cardiovascular Technician/Monitor
- Central Sterile Processing
- Cosmetology – Diploma/Certificate
- Cosmetology – Short-Term Training
- Emergency Medical Science
- EMT/ Paramedic Programs
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Healthcare Management Technology – Medical Coding
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online (Career Step)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding & Billing – Online
- Medication Aide
- Medication Technician
- Nurse Aide I and II (CNA)
- Nurse Aide Refresher
- Pharmacy Technician – Online*