Summer/Fall 2023 – Registration will open July 3. Do not submit prior to this date.
Location: Person County Campus, Roxboro, NC
|Registration will open July 3||July 25 – October 3 (Theory/Lab)|
October 4 – December 31 (Clinical)
|Person County Campus|
Varies; Assigned by Instructor
|*Theory: T/Th, 4:15 – 7:45 p.m. |
plus online assignments
Clinical: Hours as assigned
|Registration will open July 3|
*Students are required to complete 8-hours online via BlackBoard as shown in the outline above.
BLENDED: A combination of Face-to-Face and Online (less than 50% online). Stay motivated and stay in communication with your instructor!
This course places emphasis on:
- Medical terminology;
- Safety and universal precautions;
- Health care delivery systems;
- Patient relations;
- Anatomy and physiology;
- Specimen collection.
1. Registration fee – $198*
*Scholarships may be available for qualifying students. Information on funding options will be sent via email with payment instructions. Students are also encouraged to contact their local NC Works or Telamon Corporation Office. Contact Lori Watlington for more information.
2. Textbook: Phlebotomy Worktext and Procedures Manual, 5th Edition, ISBN# 9780323642668;
To purchase from the PCC Bookstore, www.pccstore.com, course number is MLA-3022, $110.75
3. Uniform: Red scrubs (2-3 sets recommended), black leather closed toe closed heel shoes, and black socks are required for lab days and clinical.
4. Verified Credentials – Criminal Background Check, $82.20, and urine Drug Screen, $35.
Background check and immunization record upload are required to be completed by the second week of the course.
The following immunizations are required:
- Hepatitis B (series of 3 doses or a Titers blood test)
- MMR (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
- COVID Vaccination (religious and medical waivers are not accepted for students by the Clinical facilities)
5. National Healthcareers Association National Certification exam – $125
6. $75, NHA Online Practice Exam & Study Guide purchased directly from NHA using credit/debit card. Piedmont Community College will invoice third-party sponsors who are providing payment for students.
For more information, contact us by email at Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu or by phone at (336) 694-8080.
Registering for Continuing Education Courses is fast and easy! You can register online or in person (by appointment only).
- Review the available classes. You will need the course start and end dates, course title, and course location.
- To register online, click here to submit your registration form.
- To register on campus, please email Lori Watlington to schedule an appointment.
Once received, you will receive an email with payment instructions. Payment must be received within 48 hours of submitting registration form. If payment has not been received, your registration will be voided and you will have to re-submit.
CLASS WITHDRAWAL/TRANSFER POLICY:
Students may withdraw and receive:
- 100% refund if REQUESTED prior to course beginning or course cancellation
- 75% refund if REQUESTED before the 10% point of the total course meetings
In order to receive a refund or transfer to another section, the student must email Lori Watlington or
call (336) 694-8080
Click here to learn more about Piedmont Community College’s Continuing Education class refund policy.
What is a Phlebotomist job description and average salary?
Register for classes here!
Director, Health and Wellness
(336) 694-8080 | P102
Dean, Health and Public Safety
(336) 322-2213 | L107
Other Health and Wellness Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Associate in General Education – Nursing
- BLS/ BLS Instructor Training & Heartsaver CPR/ First aid/ AED
- Cardiovascular Technician/Monitor
- Central Sterile Processing
- Cosmetology – Diploma/Certificate
- Emergency Medical Science
- EMT/ Paramedic Programs
- Healthcare Management Technology
- Healthcare Management Technology – Medical Coding
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online (Career Step)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Coding & Billing Part I & II – Online
- Medication Aide
- Medication Technician
- Nurse Aide I (CNA)
- Nurse Aide II (CNA)
- Nurse Aide Refresher
- Pharmacy Technician – Online*