PCC’s Human Services Technology – Gerontology program prepares students to specialize in direct service delivery work to older adults and their families. The curriculum provides both theoretical and applied models for understanding issues of aging.
Course work includes:
- Physical, psychological, and social aspects of the aging process
Fieldwork experiences provide opportunities to work in a variety of public and private agencies.
Students can apply to take the Human Services Board Certified Practitioner Exam upon graduation with an Associate’s Degree in Human Services Technology, which will allow them to become certified as Human Services Board Practitioners (HS-BCP).
Click to download the Human Services Technology Gerontology program planning guide for course requirements and suggested sequencing.Human Services Technology Gerontology Associate (A4538B)
Human Services Technology Gerontology Certificate (C4538B)
Graduates should qualify for employment in nursing and rest homes, specialized adult care services, respite services, and other programs servicing older adults and their families. Graduates choosing to continue their education may select a variety of programs at senior institutions.
Other Online Programs
- Accounting and Finance
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Education – Career Option
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Non-Teaching)
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Teaching Licensure)
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Human Services Technology
- Human Services Technology – Addictions and Recovery Studies
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online
- Medical Coding & Billing Part I & II – Online
- Public Safety Administration – Correction Services
- Public Safety Administration – Emergency & Fire Management Services
- Public Safety Administration – Law Enforcement Services
- Public Safety Administration – Security and Loss Prevention
- Small Business Center