PCC’s Human Services Technology program prepares students for entry-level positions in institutions and agencies which provide social, community, and educational services.
Along with core courses, students take courses which prepare them for specialization in specific human service areas. Emphasis in core courses is placed on development of relevant knowledge, skills, and attitudes in human services.
Fieldwork experience will provide opportunities for application of knowledge and skills learned in the classroom.
Students can also apply to take the Human Services Board Certified Practitioner Exam upon graduation with an Associate’s Degree in Human Services Technology, which will allow them to become certified as Human Services Board Practitioners (HS-BCP).
Click and download the Human Services Program Planning Guide for course requirements and suggested sequencing.Human Services Technology Associate (A45380)
Graduates should qualify for positions in mental health, child care, family services, social services, rehabilitation, correction, and educational agencies. Graduates choosing to continue their education may select from a variety of transfer programs at senior public and private institutions.
Other Online Programs
- Accounting and Finance
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Education – Career Option
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Non-Teaching)
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Teaching Licensure)
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Human Services Technology – Addictions and Recovery Studies
- Human Services Technology – Gerontology
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online
- Medical Coding & Billing Part I & II – Online
- Public Safety Administration – Correction Services
- Public Safety Administration – Emergency & Fire Management Services
- Public Safety Administration – Law Enforcement Services
- Public Safety Administration – Security and Loss Prevention
- Small Business Center