Completing the FAFSA
STEP 1Apply for admission to PCC. Remember, financial aid cannot be awarded until you are approved for admission and official high school/equivalency transcript has been received.
- Create an FSA ID ( view this video for instructions )
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) ( view this video for instructions )
- Don’t forget to add PCC’s school code: 009646
- Students may begin completing the FAFSA on October 1 each year
Once your FAFSA has been processed by the Department of Education, you will receive a Student Aid Report, by mail or by e-mail if the e-mail address is provided. The Student Aid Report indicates the students and/or parent ability to assist with payment of education cost. This numerical value is called the EFC (Expected Family Contribution). Your FAFSA application will then be forwarded to PCC for processing.
When the Financial Aid Office receives a copy of your FAFSA from the U.S. Department of Education, a letter will be sent to you requesting documents needed to complete your file. Once all documents are received, your financial aid file will be reviewed for a possible award.
If it is determined that you are eligible for aid, you will receive a financial aid award letter from PCC. Please read the 23/24 Financial Aid Offer Notification.
To view your financial aid award online, please log into Self-Service using your WebAdvisor credentials and click on the Financial Aid tab.
- We recommend students seeking financial aid assistance to cover educational expenses to complete the FAFSA process prior to registration
Financial Aid Verification
If you are selected for verification, do not assume you are being accused of doing anything wrong. Some people are selected at random and some schools verify all students’ FAFSA forms. All you need to do is provide the requested documentation and be sure to do so by the deadline or you may lose financial aid eligibility.
Financial Aid Recipients
- Please complete the FAFSA application at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid for 2023-2024
- Priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA for Spring 2024 is November 20, 2023
- Applications will be accepted after this date, but the student will need to make arrangements for his/her tuition at the time of registration. If the application for financial aid is subsequently approved, the student will be reimbursed based on financial aid eligibility when financial aid funds are disbursed
- Students will be notified by email and by mail if additional documentation is required
- You will need to submit any missing documentation requested by the Financial Aid Office by December 4, 2023
Please begin attending classes on January 8, 2024 if you have secured payment for your classes
Financial Aid students will need to make arrangements to have unpaid tuition taken care of by December 19, 2023. Students that are not eligible for financial aid may enroll in the payment plan at Payment Plan – Piedmont Community College (piedmontcc.edu)
YOU MUST DROP YOUR CLASSES PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF
CLASSES (January 8, 2024) IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO ATTEND, OR YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHARGES INCURRED
- Financial Aid does not cover classes that are not applicable to student’s program of study
- In order for classes to be considered for Financial Aid eligibility, students must register by February 14, 2024
- Withdrawals prior to February 14, 2024 will not be considered for Financial Aid eligibility
- Bookstore charge dates: January 2, 2024 – February 5, 2024 (no charges will be allowed after this date)
- Financial Aid Refunds mailed: February 22, 2024 (Subject to Change)