The following veterans and eligible dependents may be eligible to receive Veterans Educational Assistance:

  • Veterans 
  • Disabled Veterans that were discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability 
  • Eligible Dependents
  • sons, daughters, wives, and husbands of deceased or totally and permanently disabled veterans whose death or disability occurred while in military service
  • Eligible Selective Reserves and the National Guard 
  • Members of the Armed Forces must have entered active duty on or after July 1, 1985, and contributed toward their education under the Montgomery GI Bill 

Steps for applying for educational benefits:

  • Complete online application at  
  • Submit copies of completed application and any other documentation received from the Department of Veterans Affairs regarding your eligibility for educational benefits
  • Complete an application for Admissions 
  • Submit official high school or GED transcript along with any previous college transcripts
  • Take the placement test unless prior college level English and Math credit transferred in from a previous college

Steps for applying for Tuition Assistance:

  • Students seeking Tuition Assistance should receive approval from an Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling
    • Please contact the Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs Office for any additional information

Requirements of VA Students

  • Pursue the exact curriculum for your program listed in the PCC catalog. Students will not be certified for classes not in their specified program of study.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress, attendance and conduct for continuing eligibility of payments. 
  • Report to Certifying Official any changes to class schedule during the semester

The following forms may be used to apply for Veterans Educational Assistance:

Department of Veterans Affairs, GI Bill
(888) GIBILL1 or (888) 442-4551