Two lab locations:
Person County: at the Business Development and Entrepreneurship Center (BDEC), 105 North Main Street in Roxboro. This location is open:
- Monday – Thursday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (closed 1-1:30 p.m.)
Caswell County: at PCC’s Caswell County Campus, 331 Piedmont Drive in Yanceyville. This location is open:
- Tuesday & Thursday, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (with assistance)
- Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (on your own)
- Friday, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. (on your own)
At the Employability Skills Lab, you can:
- Receive assistance filing unemployment insurance claims.
- Obtain your National Career Readiness Certificate.
- Get introduced to Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint through the Microsoft Digital Literacy certification.
- Create a winning resume and learn how to track and apply for jobs online! You can also prepare for future interviews and focus on building your teamwork skills.
- Gain soft skills and learn how to improve your work ethic through Working Smart – something every employer is looking for these days!
- Learn how to search for jobs on NC Works, track your online job search efforts, as well as document user ID’s and passwords for each company website you access.
Get funding for short-term training:
Students who need financial assistance to pay for short-term training courses are required to enroll in the free Employability Lab. Students will complete 4-simple steps before being referred for funding. These steps include:
- Creating a resume
- Writing a cover letter
- Setting up their NCWorks account
- Working on reading and math skills in WIN Career Ready Software.
Once students have completed these steps, they will take a TABE placement test in reading and/or math.