How to apply:
- Complete an International Application Packet for Admission and mail it to Piedmont Community College, Admissions, PO Box 1197, Roxboro NC 27573
- Complete the online Admissions Application https://www.cfnc.org/apply-to-college/
- Complete the online Residency Determination https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/residencyInfo/
- Complete the Admissions Placement Tests (when you arrive at Piedmont Community College)
- Assistance from a counselor is available upon request.
It is recommended that you keep a copy of your application for reference.
SUBMITTING AN INCOMPLETE APPLICATION, WILL CAUSE DELAYS
IN THE PROCESSING OF YOUR I-20 FORM.
It usually takes one to two weeks to process an I-20 from a completed application and 10 additional business days for an I-20 to be mailed from the college to the applicant.
I-20’s and acceptance letters cannot be Express Mailed by the college. You may check the status of your application by emailing email@example.com or by calling (336) 599-2159 or by faxing (336) 598-9283 (Attention Admissions Office).
Financial Aid – Piedmont Community college does not offer financial aid or scholarships to international students. In general, only permanent residents and citizens of the U.S. are eligible for financial aid.
Housing – Piedmont Community College has no dormitories, residence halls or on-campus housing. All students much arrange for housing in the Roxboro or surrounding area.
Transportation – No public transportation is available in the PCC service area. Commuter students must provide their own transportation.
Foreign Students Admissions Requirements:
- Completed Piedmont Community College admission documents submitted by the application deadline: Application For Admission, Residency Determination, and Affirmation Statement. Please provide complete information. Incomplete forms will be returned to you and will result in delays in reviewing your application.
- An Affidavit of Financial Support completed and notarized is required for all applicants. It must also be accompanied by an original letter from your bank or financial institution verifying the availability of funds to support a fulltime student and any accompanying dependents for each year of study. An I-20 form will not be issued until all financial documentation is received and approved.
- Official Academic Transcript of secondary education and post-secondary education (equivalent to high school education in the U.S.). Records should include courses taken, grades received, and degrees or certificates earned. Records must be sent directly from secondary education institution to PCC Admissions Office or include them with your application IN SEALED ENVELOPS. All transcripts must be translated into English. In the case of translated transcripts, CERTIFIED COPIES of the original transcripts may be included with the official translation. The name that you are currently using should appear on each transcript or documentation of a legal name change should be included.
- A completed statement of Medical History signed by a practicing physician. Include a record of updated immunization history.
- Official TOEFL Score is required if English is not your native language. Evidence of English Proficiency must come in the form of a statement from the American Embassy in the prospective student’s country of origin or if you have taken the TOEFL, submit your score and it will be considered as part of your placement information. To submit the TOEFL score, you must provide a copy of your official TOEFL score report or have the score reported directly to Piedmont Community College. Our institutional TOEFL code is 5518. A minimum score of 550 is required for admission.
Transfer Foreign Students Admission Requirements:
If you are currently a F-1 student in the U.S. and want to transfer to Piedmont Community, you must submit the following documents. To be eligible for transfer, you must have completed one school term at the school that issued your I-20.
- A completed PCC Application for Admission
- An Affidavit of Financial Support completed and notarized and accompanied by an original bank letter.
- A Visa Clearance Form completed by the International Student Advisor at your current school.
- An official transcript from the college or university you are currently attending.
- A completed statement of medical history signed by a practicing physician. A record of updated immunization history.
- A photocopy of your I-20, I-94 and visa page of your passport.
Application deadlines do not apply to transfer students, but a completed application should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of classes to ensure adequate time to register. (See Academic Calendar ).