Federal and State Grants

You should start by submitting a  Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form. You will have to fill out the  FAFSA form  every year you’re in school in order to stay eligible for federal student aid. For help submitting your application, contact the Financial Aid Office at (336) 599-1181, ext. 4004.

Other Federal & State Grant Opportunities

Financial Aid Forms & How to Maintain Your Financial Aid

It is important to remember that maintaining your financial aid is an ongoing process. Not only must you reapply for financial aid every year, but the Financial Aid office must continually monitor your eligibility for aid. Click here to learn more.

Emergency Need Grants


The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act includes a Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) that provides emergency funding to higher education. A portion of these funds have been set aside for students who have expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). These emergency grants are intended to assist students with expenses related to disruptions to their education due to the COVID-19 outbreak, including childcare, food, healthcare/medical, housing, technology, and course materials.

Click here for more information.

Finish Line Grant

Piedmont Community College, Piedmont Triad Workforce Development Board, and Kerr-Tar Workforce Development Board are committed to helping our students reach their goals. In an effort to help support students in achieving high graduation and staying in college at NC community colleges, Governor Roy Cooper announced the Finish Line Grant on July 12, 2018. Many times students are faced with unforeseen financial circumstances that can impact their graduation or enrollment. These funds will help students to overcome these financial barriers to completing their training and education.  Piedmont Community College students may be eligible for a Finish Line Grant to cover unexpected expenses, like:

  • Unexpected medical costs
  • Emergency childcare
  • Car repairs or alternative transportation

To receive a Finish Line Grant, you must be in good academic standing and be at least 50% of the way through your program of study.  For more information and to apply, click here.


Piedmont Community College Foundation Scholarships

The Piedmont Community College Foundation awards approximately 110 scholarship annually to deserving students.  Scholarships are awarded based on academic standing and financial need. Click here for more information on available scholarships or contact the Foundation office at (336) 322-2109.

Pacer Promise Scholarship

If you graduated high school or earned your high school equivalency and are enrolling in a technical program at PCC, you could attend tuition free! Click here to learn more.

External Scholarships

External scholarships become available during the year through PCC’s Financial Aid Office.  For information about these scholarships, please click here.

Federal Work Study Program (Student Jobs)

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is offered as a part of a student’s total financial aid package to assist in meeting the cost of educational expenses while in attendance at Piedmont Community College. Funding for work-study is allocated through Title IV funds from the Federal government. Students must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) before applying for federal work-study.

  • Work study applications are available in the Financial Aid Office and are kept on file for one academic year
  • A minimum 2.0 GPA is required for employment
  • For more information about student jobs and the work-study application process, click here