Locate and complete the Verify Enrollment for all courses.
This assignment is important for completing enrollment!
Please make sure that you complete an assignment before the census date of your class. The census date is the 10% point of the class. If you are unsure of the census date, please consult the course syllabus. Common census assignments include icebreaker forums, syllabus quizzes or other assignments. Students who do not complete an assignment before the census date will be dropped from the class.
If you need assistance, then contact your instructor.
Due to the nature of the online environment, here are some things to remember:
- Avoid offensive language, especially comments that might be construed as discriminatory.
- Be careful with humor and sarcasm. Sarcasm is not as easy to convey in writing as it is in conversation.
- Avoid putting words into full capitals. Online, all-caps is considered SHOUTING.
- Write descriptive subject lines. Some people receive so much email that they begin to delete some messages without viewing them. To avoid this fate, make sure your subject lines are descriptive.
- Respect other people’s intellectual property. Do not post, display, or otherwise provide access to materials belonging to others, and cite references as appropriate.
- Keep it relevant. Do not stray from the discussion in the assigned questions.
- Treat people the same as you would face-to-face. In other words, it is easy to hide behind the computer. In some cases, anonymity empowers people to treat others in ways they would not in person.
Explore the Course
Your institution and instructors determine which menu buttons appear and how the course is organized.
Explore all your courses.
Watch Video on “Introduction to the Original Course View for Students”
Additional information on Course NavigationNavigate Inside a Course
Displays announcements for courses you are enrolled in and from your institution.
Announcements communicate important, time-sensitive information.
Displays events that your instructors have added. You can also post private, personal events.
Additional information on CalendarBlackboard Help webpage on Calendar
Displays the status of gradable items such as tests, assignments, journal and blog entries, and discussion board posts. When you access your My Grades page from the Tools panel, you see grades for all the courses you are enrolled in.
Additional information on My GradesBlackboard Help webpage on My Grades
Send email messages to other course members. The email message goes to PCC’s Microsoft 365 Outlook address.
You and your instructors can send course messages to each other, multiple people, or an entire class. The course message will go to Blackboard Course Messages within the Inbox and Sent folders.
Additional information on Course MessagesBlackboard Help webpage on Messages
You can share thoughts and ideas about class materials. Review Syllabus and instructions for posting and commenting expectations.
Additional information on DiscussionsBlackboard Help webpage on Discussion
Syllabus and Tentative Schedule is located here. Read the syllabus, then ask your instructor any questions you have regarding it.
Assess to the tools offered for the course.
Links to the PCC Tutoring login page. Tutoring can be online or in-person.piedmontcc.mywconline.com
Student Support (new)
Student Support button links to a webpage which provides information about locating the basic resources you will need at your institution as well as technical support.
- Self Care Resources
- Distance Learning
- Learning Commons
- Microsoft 365
- Blackboard & Login Help
- Student Support Services
Links to Blackboard Learn Help for Students where you can search by topics. Support is provided in the form of text and videos.
Assignments may take the form of writing assignments, small group assignments, class discussion (in the discussion forum), and quizzes or other assignment formats. Any resources you may need should be included in the assignment information. You may also use additional resources you research on your own. Browse through the module assignments to get an idea of the major assignments in the course.
Additional information on AssignmentsSubmit Assignments
Send a Course Message to your Instructor
Follow these steps to send a message to your instructor:
- Click on Tools, and then select the “Course Messages” icon.
- Click Create Message
- Click on the “To” box. From the list of people involved with the course, select your instructor and send them introductory message.
- Include at least one question about the course, one module that you are especially interested to cover, and whatever personal information you wish to include.
Blackboard DL Orientation
If you are taking an online or hybrid course for the first time at PCC, we strongly recommend you complete the Blackboard Online Orientation course.
To access the online orientation, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Courses.”
- Click on “Course Catalog.”
- Choose “Distance Education Orientation” from the “Browse Categories” drop-down box and then “Enroll.”
- Click “Submit.”