Transfer Options at PCC
Transfer Programs
College Planning and Research

As a Piedmont Community College student, you have options for continuing your academic career at a four-year college or university! The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and all NC public universities, offering a smooth transfer for students. A number of private 4-year colleges in North Carolina also subscribed to the CAA.

The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example:
• Assures admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions (Transfer Assured Admissions Policy)

• Enables NC community college graduates of two-year Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs who are admitted to constituent institutions of the University of NC to transfer with junior status.

• Students are able to meet general education requirements at the 4-year institutions by completing selected pre-approved Universal General Education Transfer Core courses (UGETC)

*Please review the CAA for stipulations.

Piedmont Community College offers three transfer degrees:
• Associate in Arts (AA),
• Associate in Fine Arts - Visual Arts (AFA)
• Associate in Science (AS)

In addition to the CAA, Piedmont Community College has articulation agreements with specific colleges & universities to ensure a seamless transfer experience. See the list on the right-hand side of this page for details.

Step to a Successful Transfer:

  1. Meet with a Transfer Counselor for Assistance
  2. Identify the Career and Course of Study you wish to pursue
  3. Choose a College that will meet your Career goals
  4. Determine if you and your credits are eligible for admission
  5. Get help designing a transfer plan
  6. Complete the General Education courses required for transfer
  7. Complete the required prerequisites
  8. Complete admission applications and financial aid in a timely manner

Transfer students should visit CFNC and use the Transfer Navigator to see how their Community College courses will transfer to NC Colleges and Universities. You will first need to set up an account, if you don’t have one already. Then follow the steps:

  1. Choose Plan
  2. Choose For College
  3. Choose Transfer Planner
  4. Choose Transferable Courses
  5. Click Student Transfer Navigator
  6. Choose Yes, let’s begin! Or Transfer Wizard to get started
  7. Use the Transfer Wizard to view course equivalence, search degrees, and send message
  8. Select options in My Planned Courses to manage your course plan

Helpful Hint: Transfer Wizard Guide

  1. Build History to create your academic history
  2. Confirm History to manage your academic history
  3. Equivalence Report to view course equivalence
  4. Search Degree to view degree requirements
  5. Submit Messages to send messages to institutions