Now offering Gunsmithing as short-term training!
The Gunsmithing curriculum is designed to provide students with the required skills needed to refurbish metal and wood as applicable to firearms, to diagnose malfunctions for repair, and to accomplish more complex custom gunsmithing tasks.
Course work includes:
- Manufacturing of tools used in the gunsmithing trade
- Restoration of firearms
- Stock making
- Barrel work
- Repair work
- Custom work
The student will accomplish this work by performing actual gunsmithing tasks in a “hands-on” environment.
|Required Courses for Diploma|
|ENG 111||Writing and Inquiry|
|GSM 101||Gunsmithing I|
|GSM 102||Gunsmithing II|
|GSM 103||Gunsmithing III|
|GSM 204||Gunsmithing IV|
|GSM 205||Gunsmithing V|
|MAT 110||Mathematical Measurement & Literacy|
|Total Hours Required for Diploma- 66|
Graduates should qualify as a professional gunsmith, able to complete any task in general gunsmithing.
- Submit a complete Application for Admission to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit official transcript(s) of high school education and all post-high school course work to the Office of Admissions if requested. Office GED scores or transcript of courses for the Adult High School Diploma may be submitted in lieu of the high school transcript.
- Complete the Admission Placement Test.
- Diploma and certificate admission requirements may vary. Contact the Admissions Office for details.
|GSM 101||Gunsmithing I||5||21||0||12|
|MAT 110||Math Measurement & Literacy||2||2||0||3|
|GSM 102||Gunsmithing II||5||21||0||12|
|GSM 103||Gunsmithing III||5||21||0||12|
|GSM 204||Gunsmithing IV||5||21||0||12|
|ENG 111||Writing and Inquiry||3||0||0||3|
|GSM 205||Gunsmithing V||5||21||0||12|
|TOTAL SEMESTER HOURS REQUIRED FOR DIPLOMA: 66|
Other Public Safety and Human Services Programs
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Fire/Rescue Education
- Human Services Technology
- Human Services Technology – Addictions and Recovery Studies
- Human Services Technology – Gerontology
- Law Enforcement In-Service Training
- Public Safety Administration – Correction Services
- Public Safety Administration – Emergency & Fire Management Services
- Public Safety Administration – Law Enforcement Services
- Public Safety Administration – Security and Loss Prevention