PCC offers assistance with transfer options and many four-year universities have special programs and incentives for students completing this program at Piedmont Community College.
The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and NC public universities and has as its objective the smooth transfer of students. A number of private 4-year colleges and universities in North Carolina also subscribed to the CAA. The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example:
- Assures admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions (Transfer Assured Admissions Policy)
- Enables NC community college graduates of two-year Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs who are admitted to constituent institutions of the University of NC to transfer with junior status.
- Students are able to meet general education requirements at the 4-year institutions by completing selected pre-approved Universal General Education Transfer Core courses (UGETC)
Community college graduates who have earned 60-61 semester hours of academic credit in approved transfer courses with a grade of “C” or better in each course and an overall GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale will receive at least 60-61 semester hours of academic credit upon admission to a university. Courses may also transfer through bilateral agreements between institutions. Courses offered through bilateral agreements may not transfer to all receiving institutions.
|Required Courses for Program|
|ACA 122||College Transfer Success|
|CIS 110||Introduction to Computers|
|COM 231||Public Speaking|
|ENG 111||Writing and Inquiry|
|ENG 112||Writing/Research in the Disciplines|
|EDU 187||Teaching and Learning for All|
|EDU 216||Foundations of Education|
|EDU 279||Literacy Development and Instruction|
|EDU 250||Teacher Licensure Preparation|
|SOC 225||Social Diversity|
|XXX||Social/Behavioral Sciences (2 courses)|
|XXX||Humanities and Fine Arts (2 courses)|
|XXX||Additional General Education (5-6 courses)|
|Total Semester Hours Required for Degree = 60-61|
- Submit a complete Application for Admission to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit official transcript(s) of high school education and all post-high school course work to the Office of Admissions if requested. Official GED scores or transcript of courses for the Adult High School Diploma may be submitted in lieu of the high school transcript.
- Diploma and certificate admission requirements may vary. Contact the Admissions Office for details.
|ENG 111||Writing and Inquiry||3||0||0||3|
|ACA 122||College Transfer Success||0||2||0||1|
|EDU 216||Foundations in Education||3||0||0||3|
|ENG 112||Writing/Research in the Disc.||3||0||0||3|
|COM 231||Public Speaking||3||0||0||3|
|SOC 225||Social Diversity||3||0||0||3|
|EDU 187||Teaching and Learning for All||3||3||0||4|
|And choose one of the following|
|MAT 143||Quantitative Literacy OR||2||2||0||3|
|MAT 152||Statistical Methods I OR||3||2||0||4|
|MAT 171||Pre-Calculus Algebra||3||2||0||4|
|EDU 279||Literacy Development and Instruction||3||3||0||4|
|EDU 250||Teacher Licensure Preparation||3||0||0||3|
Other University Transfer and General Education Programs
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Fine Arts – Visual Arts
- Associate in General Education
- Associate in Science
- Associate in Science in Teacher Preparation
- Early Childhood Education – Career Option
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Non-Teaching)
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Teaching Licensure)
- Infant/Toddler Care – Certificate
- Professional Development for Educators