With PCC’s CDL Class A Truck Driver Training program, you can be on your way to a great paying career in as little as five weeks!
In partnership with TransTech, Inc., Piedmont Community College offers Truck Driver Training – CDL Class A.
PCC’s truck driver training program consists of extensive classroom, range, and behind-the-wheel instruction to prepare students for the CDL Class A license skills examination. The exam is provided and administered at the completion of the course.
- A tuition fee of $3,403.00 must be paid before the start of class.
- Additional fees of $50.25 must be paid to the NCDMV for the CDL Class A learner’s permit. Moreover, $125.00 must be paid to TransTech for a DOT approved physical and drug screening. All of these items–namely, one’s CDL Class A learner’s permit, DOT physical, and drug screening–must be obtained or performed before the start of the third week of the class.
Week 1 & 2: Orientation and Online assignments (With the exception of orientation, students will not be required to come to a physical classroom location, for all assignments will be provided online.)
Week 3: Range (First meeting will be held on the Person County Campus. All subsequent classes will be held at PCC’s truck range. Class meetings will take place Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Week 4 & 5: Behind the wheel (All meetings will be held at PCC’s truck range. Class meetings will take place Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Spring Start Dates:
- January 20th
- February 24th
- March 31st
- May 5th
Quite notably, space is limited in each presented course. Students are treated on a “first come first served passes” as a based on the procurement of payment (whether that be out of pocket, through an employer, or through a third-party sponsorship). As such, please contact Jonathan Willis at (336)322-2160 or at Jonathan.Willis@piedmontcc.edu for further information regarding next steps and funding availability.
Register for classes here!
Dean, Technical & Manufacturing Programs
(336) 322-2258 | E122
Administrative Assistant, Dean, Technical & Manufacturing Programs
(336) 322-2212 | E121
Other Technical and Manufacturing Programs
- Advanced Manufacturing & Automation
- Automotive Programs
- BioWork Process Technician
- Certified Logistics Technician
- Certified Production Technician
- Electrical Power Production
- Electrician Re-certification
- General Occupational Technology
- Handgun Safety/Concealed Carry Training
- HVAC Technician
- Industrial Systems Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- OSHA Courses
- Plumbing Academy
- Programmable Logistics Controllers Technician (PLC)
- Welding Technology