Google IT Support Professional Certificate
Available in English and Spanish!
Train for one of the fastest-growing fields in the United States! According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the national median salary for this employment is over $52,000!
Upon completion of each module, students earn completion badges that they can display on their LinkedIn profiles or other portfolios. The final Google IT Support Professional Certificate badge is recognized by national and international companies.
The Google IT Support Professional Certificate is a program from Grow with Google, an initiative to help everyone have access to the best of Google’s training and tools to grow their skills, careers, and businesses. It was originally based on Google’s own experience in hiring and training IT support personnel and consists of these five modules:
• Technical Support Fundamentals
• The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking
• Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User
• System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services
• IT Security: Defense Against the Digital Dark Arts
The course is offered in the Coursera platform using a dynamic mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hands-on labs and widgets. Along the way, participants will hear from Google employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives who started their careers in IT support. Students are provided additional resources from the Coursera software to use beyond the 26 weeks allotted to complete the training.
Registration Fee: $180
Networking Technology – CompTIA Net+ Certification
Earn a CompTIA Network+ Certification, a baseline credential for IT infrastructure. Prepare for the N10-007 exam (extra fee) as you gain skills in covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks in this program. This program also addresses current networking technologies, like key cloud computing best practices, service models, virtualization techniques, and network resiliency, with expanded coverage of critical security concepts to help networking professionals work with security practitioners.
- $180 registration with scholarship funds available!
- June 6 – August 12, Monday/Wednesday, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Live Online
Cybersecurity – CompTIA Sec+ Certification
CompTIA Security+ Certification is an entry-level, international, vendor-neutral credential that focuses on the latest trends and techniques for IT security professionals to identify risk, participate in risk mitigation activities, provide infrastructure, information, operational, and application security.
This credential verifies the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions; monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT; operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance; identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents. Security+ certification is good for 3 years.
- $180 registration (exam is $349) with scholarship funds available!
- May 18 – July 20, Tuesday/Thursday, 3-5 p.m.
- Live Online
IT Support Technician – CompTIA A+ Certification
CompTIA is recognized as the industry standard for launching an IT career. In terms of cyber security, CompTIA A+ certified professionals demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support; troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting; and implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices.
- $180 registration (exam is $226) with scholarship funds available!
- Monday & Wednesday 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Live Online
Other Business Studies and Emerging Technologies Programs
- Accounting and Finance
- Agribusiness Technology – Plant Science
- Automotive Programs
- Business Administration
- Digital Effects & Animation Technology
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Information Technology – Business Support
- Information Technology – Computer Programming
- Information Technology – Gaming
- Information Technology – Security
- Information Technology – Web Design
- Notary Public
- Office Administration