Public Safety Administration (PSA) is designed to provide students, as well as practitioners, with knowledge and skills in the technical, managerial, and administrative areas necessary for entrance or advancement within various public service sectors.
A PSA student will select one of the four (4) curriculum tracks within the program that most closely relates to their current or intended area of employment:
- Correction Services
- Emergency & Fire Management Services
- Law Enforcement Services
- Security and Loss Prevention.
Click and download the Public Administration Security and Loss Prevention program planning guide for course requirements and suggested sequencing.Public Administration Security and Loss Prevention Associate (A55480SL)
Employment opportunities exist with fire or police departments, emergency management organizations, federal, state and local governmental agencies, industrial firms, correctional facilities, private industries, insurance organizations, educational organizations, security and protective organizations, and through self-employment opportunities.
- Submit a complete Application for Admission to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit official transcript(s) of high school education and all post-high school course work to the Office of Admissions if requested. Office GED scores or transcript of courses for the Adult High School Diploma may be submitted in lieu of the high school transcript.
- Complete the Admission Placement Test.
- Diploma and certificate admission requirements may vary. Contact the Admissions Office for details.
Other Online Programs
- Accounting and Finance
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Education – Career Option
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Non-Teaching)
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Teaching Licensure)
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate
- Human Services Technology
- Human Services Technology – Addictions and Recovery Studies
- Human Services Technology – Gerontology
- Medical Administrative Assistant EHR Specialist – Online (Career Step)
- Medical Coding & Billing Part I & II – Online
- Public Safety Administration – Correction Services
- Public Safety Administration – Emergency & Fire Management Services
- Public Safety Administration – Law Enforcement Services
- Small Business Center