PCC offers assistance with transfer options and many four-year universities have special programs and incentives for students completing this program at Piedmont Community College.
The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and NC public universities and has as its objective the smooth transfer of students. A number of private 4-year colleges and universities in North Carolina also subscribed to the CAA. The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example:
- Assures admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions (Transfer Assured Admissions Policy)
- Enables NC community college graduates of two-year Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs who are admitted to constituent institutions of the University of NC to transfer with junior status.
- Students are able to meet general education requirements at the 4-year institutions by completing selected pre-approved Universal General Education Transfer Core courses (UGETC)
Community college graduates who have earned 60-61 semester hours of academic credit in approved transfer courses with a grade of “C” or better in each course and an overall GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale will receive at least 60-61 semester hours of academic credit upon admission to a university. Courses may also transfer through bilateral agreements between institutions. Courses offered through bilateral agreements may not transfer to all receiving institutions.
Click and download the Associate in Science-Teacher Preparation Program Planning Guides for course requirements and suggested sequencing.Associate in Science: Teacher Preparation (A1040T)
Other University Transfer and General Education Programs
- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Preparation
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Arts in Teacher Preparation
- Associate in General Education
- Associate in General Education – Nursing
- Associate in Science
- Early Childhood Education – Career Option
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Non-Teaching)
- Early Childhood Education – Transfer (Teaching Licensure)