Piedmont Community College (PCC) is accepting scholarship applications for the Fall 2021 semester. The application process began June 3 and will continue through July 16. More than 100 scholarships are available for students looking for short-term training and curriculum-based learning.
To be considered for a scholarship, a candidate must submit an online application, found at www.piedmontcc.edu/scholarships. Curriculum students will need to secure two letters of recommendation, register for at least 6 credit hours per semester, and have a grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
In addition to annual and endowed scholarships, funding is available through:
- GEER, or Governor’s Emergency Educational Relief, for students pursuing short-term training in healthcare, advanced manufacturing, and information technology;
- Project Skill-Up for first generational college students registered for short-term training;
- Golden Leaf for students registered for short-term training;
- Pacer Promise Scholarship, offering free tuition for students taking 12 credit hours in a Career and Technical Educational Program that maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher;
- Longleaf Commitment Grant, offering free tuition to high school graduates in the class of 2021. Students must taking 6 credit hours per semester in a curriculum program and have an expected family contribution of $15,000 or less.
“This fall, there are more opportunities than usual for new and returning students to continue their education while saving money,” Beth Townsend, PCC Vice President of Advancement and Communications said. “Through the Longleaf Commitment Grant, recent high school graduates have the opportunity for their two years of community college to be paid. This opens up currently funded scholarships through the PCC Foundation for other students.”
Some scholarships, such as the Pacer Promise and the new Longleaf Commitment Grant, may require students to first complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Assistance to complete the application is available in person and virtually with PCC’s Financial Aid Team. Call (336) 599-1181 to schedule an appointment.Click here to find details and a full list of scholarships. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact Sandy Parker in the PCC Foundation Office at (336) 322-2109 or Sandy.Parker@piedmontcc.edu .