Representatives from four-year institutions partner with PCC for College Transfer Fair
Piedmont Community College (PCC) will partner with over 15 four-year institutions during a College Transfer Fair on Wednesday, October 31. The event is open to the public and will be held at the College’s Person County Campus in Building S, Room 100 from 8:45 – 10:30 a.m.
Institutions participating include:
• Appalachian State
• Barton College
• Bennett College
• DeVry University
• East Carolina University
• Fayetteville State University
• Greensboro College
• North Carolina A&T State University
• Pfeiffer University
• Shaw University
• UNC- Asheville
• UNC- Greensboro
• UNC- Wilmington
• Western Carolina University
• Winthrop University
In addition, a United States Marine Corp representative will be on campus to talk with students, alumni, and other visitors about armed forces opportunities.
“Each year we look forward to hosting our annual College Transfer Fair,” shares Shelly Stone-Moye, Vice President, Student Development. “It is a fantastic opportunity for students to meet with representatives from local colleges and universities, compare programs, and ask questions. The 15 plus college representatives will speak with our students regarding the application process, financial aid, and scholarships opportunities.”Benefits of attending a transfer fair:
1) Meet with representatives from many colleges and universities who can answer your question
2) Talk directly with the people who make decisions on transfer admissions
3) Collect information, applications, catalogs, and other materials from a variety of schools in one day
4) Compare programs and ask questions
“To add to the excitement of the day, we’ve asked our faculty and staff to wear paraphernalia from their alma mater! We want our students to see the possibilities,” Stone-Moye went on to say.
PCC currently offers three transfer degrees: Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Fine Arts - Visual Arts (AFA-VA), and Associate in Science (AS)
Transferring to a four-year institution is made easy through the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA). This statewide agreement governs the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and all NC public universities, offering a smooth transfer for students. A number of private four-year colleges in North Carolina also subscribed to the CAA.
• The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example:
Assures admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions (Transfer Assured Admissions Policy)
• Enables NC community college graduates of two-year Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs who are admitted to constituent institutions of the University of NC to transfer with junior status
• Students are able to meet general education requirements at the 4-year institutions by completing selected pre-approved Universal General Education Transfer Core courses (UGETC)
In addition to the CAA, Piedmont Community College has articulation agreements with specific colleges & universities, such as Averett University, North Carolina Wesleyan College, Pfeiffer University, and Shaw University, to ensure a seamless transfer experience.
To ensure a successful transfer path, PCC students are encouraged to:
1) Meet with a Transfer Counselor for Assistance
2) Identify the Career and Course of Study you wish to pursue
3) Choose a College that will meet your Career goals
4) Determine if you and your credits are eligible for admission
5) Get help designing a transfer plan
6) Complete the General Education courses required for transfer
7) Complete the required prerequisites
8) Complete admission applications and financial aid in a timely manner
For additional information, visit www.piedmontcc.edu/transfer
or contact PCC’s Student Development Team on campus or by calling (336) 599-2159 (Person County Campus) or (336) 694-5707 (Caswell County Campus).