3/19/20 PCC - COVID-19 Update
Thank you for your patience as we work through the details of the COVID-19 pandemic and what it means to education in our communities. Here is the latest PCC update:
PCC Curriculum Classes will begin, primarily online, on March 30. If you are not accustomed to online classes, or need a refresher, consider these resources:
1) Blackboard Orientation course
a. Log into Blackboard;
b. Click on the Course tab, located under your name;
c. Under Course Catalog, click on “Distance Education Orientation” (a new window opens);
d. Click on the dropdown arrow next to “DE-Orientation Course” and click on “Enroll”;
e. Click “Submit” and then “OK”;
f. Click on “My Institution” from the main Blackboard page. The Orientation course should be listed under “My Courses”;
g. Click on the course.
2) Distance Learning Help Desk: Call (336) 322-2138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance with accessing the orientation, logging into your course, or any other distance learning needs that might arise;
3) “How to Navigate an Online Class” presented by PCC’s TRIO Team on Thursday, March 26 at 1 p.m.; Click https://zoom.us/j/3291077091
Curriculum Classes with Labs: Your classes will be online beginning March 30. Your remaining hands-on will be adjusted upon our return to campus. These schedules will be determined by faculty and deans and will be focused on providing a safe environment to all students. See below for details, and also contact your instructor or check your Blackboard course (under announcement)
for the latest information, as changes may occur.
• Agribusiness, Cosmetology, Early Childhood Practicum, Electrical Power Production, Digital Effect & Animation Technology, Gunsmithing, Industrial Systems, Mechatronics, Welding: Labs are discontinued until further notice. Begin the new online portion of your program and check your Blackboard course announcement page for updates;
• Healthcare: Continue clinicals if your specific site allows. Contact your instructor with any changes;
• Work-Based Learning (WBL): Discontinue until further notice.
• Federal Work-Study (FWS): Discontinue until further notice. Students will be paid for scheduled hours missed due to school closure.
Computer Labs Available:
• Curriculum Students: Beginning March 30, if you do not have access to a computer or the internet, Computer Labs will be open on both campuses. Students will need to schedule 2-hour time slots by calling the number provided on the PCC website (www.piedmontcc.edu
). The phone numbers will be available by March 26;
• Job Seeking Programs: Reserve your space by calling (336) 599-0032 (Roxboro: Business Development & Entrepreneurship Center on Main Street) and (336) 694-8064 (Yanceyville: Caswell County Campus);
• Free Online Option: Charter Communications is offering Free Spectrum Access for K-12 and college students, if you are in their area. You can learn more by clicking here
or calling 1-844-579-3743.
Continuing Education Classes: Continuing Education Classes will operate on a modified schedule. Unless noted below, class will be delayed until mid-April, at which time an update will be communicated.
• Face-to-face classes: Moved online or rescheduled. Check with your instructor;
• Adult Basic Skills/High School Equivalency (HSE) classes: Moved to hybrid format. Contact Tina Lawrence at (336) 322-2114;
• HSE Orientation, HiSET®, and GED® testing: Delayed until mid-April, at which time an update will be communicated;
• Allied Health: Classes currently in session will continue as scheduled; clinicals are on hold until further notice. Contact Lori Watlington for specific details at (336) 694-8080;
• Public Safety: Will be held as requested by Public Safety agencies;
• Truck Driving: Contact Ben Foti at (336) 322-2160.
Get Assistance from Faculty and Staff: PCC Faculty and Staff will be working from home as much as possible. Please be assured, Faculty and Staff will still be available to assist you with all of your educational needs.
• Faculty will have virtual office hours clearly posted in Blackboard;
• Staff in all areas of the College will be available via email and telephone
• Click here for Employee Directory
(search by name or title)
• Inquires about Financial Aid can be emailed to email@example.com
PCC’s Summer & Fall Registration is OPEN! You can find schedule information on WebAdvisor
and at www.piedmontcc.edu/schedule
(in .pdf format).
• How to Register:
o Curriculum Students: Call or email your advisor or a Student Development Team member or register on your own via WebAdvisor
(log-on instructions attached);
o Continuing Education: Register online using the current form.
• How to Pay for Summer classes, Continuing Education classes, and previously owed payments:
o Online through WebAdvisor
(curriculum only at this time);
o Call (336) 322-2125;
o Mail your check to Piedmont Community College Business Office, PO Box 1197, Roxboro, NC 27573;
o On campus ONLY if you do not have the means to pay online, call, or by mail.
College Events for March and April are cancelled or postponed unless they can be held online. Keep an eye on the PCC Calendar
or the PCC Student Activities Facebook page
for updated information.
Future College-Wide Updates will be emailed and posted to PCC’s COVID-19 webpage
. If you have not already, please sign up for the PCC Alert system (click here to sign-up)
Again, thank you for your patience and flexibility. We encourage you to speak with your instructors about other questions at this time.