Need guidance for your health and wellness needs? Interested in learning more about educational opportunities in Person or Caswell County? Piedmont Community College (PCC) is teaming up with Person Memorial Hospital (PMH) to offer information concerning all of the above in two Community Health & Wellness Fair and College Open House events.
The Caswell County event is scheduled for April 9 in Building K on PCC’s Caswell County Campus, located at 331 Piedmont Drive in Yanceyville.
The Person County event will be held on Thursday, April 11 in Building E and in the Courtyard (Building S if inclement weather) of PCC’s Person County Campus, located at 1715 College Drive in Roxboro.
These events will take place 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. and are free and open to the public.
PCC’s Open House
PCC representatives from Curriculum programs, Financial Aid, Student Development, and Continuing Education/Short-Term Training will be available to answer your questions, as well as assist you with:
• Completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application
• Finalizing your PCC Application (everyone is accepted to PCC)
• Registering for Summer and/or Fall classes
While on campus, also learn about:
• Electrical Power Production Technology
• Industrial Systems
• Accounting (degree also available online!)
• Business Administration (degree also available online!)
• Information Technology
• Criminal Justice
• Early Childhood (degree also available online!)
• Associate in Arts
• Associate in Science
• Associate in Fine Arts – Visual Arts
• University Transfer
• Person Early College for Innovation and Leadership
• Free College Classes while in High School (Career & College Promise)
• Adult Basic Skills – Free High School Equivalency courses
• Free English as a Second Language (ESL) courses
• Short-term Advanced Manufacturing Classes
• Free Small Business seminars
Health & Wellness Fair
While on campus, visitors will also have the opportunity to participate in a Health and Wellness Fair, featuring Person Memorial Hospital, PCC Healthcare and Human Services Students, local Fire Departments, McIntyre Massage& Wellness, and a representative from Edward Jones, Inc.
Activities will include (subject to change):
• Hands only CPR; Chest Pain; Blood Pressure Checks
• Diabetes Management & Education
• Stroke Signs & FAST Instruction
• Healthy Eating & Nutrition Tips
• Infection Control & Handwashing Education
• Fire Safety & Fire Extinguisher Information
• Advance Directives (with a Notary Public on site)
• Smoking Dangers and Cessation Information
• Cancer Screen Demos
• Long Term Planning Guidelines (Person only)
• Healthy Sleeping Strategies
• Chair Massages
• Exercise and Increasing Movement Strategies
• Resources for the Elderly
Unable to attend the Community Health & Wellness Fair and College Open House events? PCC staff members are ready to assist you Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Registration for PCC’s Summer and Fall classes will continue through May and August, respectively. Summer classes begin May 28 and Fall classes begin August 15.
Summer and Fall brochures, which include information about programs and some class listings offered at PCC, were mailed to households in Person County and Caswell County in late March.
For the full and most up-to-date schedules, visit PCC’s website at www.piedmontcc.edu/schedule. Class schedules also may be accessed using the WebAdvisor option on PCC’s website. Returning students may use WebAdvisor to register for classes online.
For more information about the Health & Wellness Fair, as well as Open House events or applying to PCC or registering for Summer or Fall classes, call (336) 599-1181.