Piedmont Community College (PCC) provides free instruction for adults interested in becoming college or career ready. Through these classes, adults may:
• Prepare for high school equivalency tests through GED® or HiSET® testing
• Improve or learn reading, writing and math skills
• Learn English as a Second Language (ESL)
• Gain skills needed for college or job entry
• Gain skills needed to help your with your child’s education
• Attend a traditional class or hybrid online class.
Upcoming Classes Include:
Free Orientation to High School Equivalency – Register by April 12
Those interested in obtaining their high school equivalency certificate, or gaining skills to better prepare themselves for future coursework or a new job, can join a free orientation between April 1- 18, with two days or evenings required for completion. This free orientation is located in both Person and Caswell Counties.
NEW! Off-Campus High School Equivalency Class – Register by April 30
PCC also offers free off-campus high school equivalency classes on Tuesday and Thursday from April 9 – June 27, 12-3 p.m. at Lee Gardens located at 808 Lyle Street in Roxboro. Students must register by April 30 to join this free class.
Free English as a Second Language (ESL) – Register by April 30
The next ESL class will be offered April 8 – June 26 at Piedmont Community College’s Person County Campus. This program is free to all participants and has a flexible start date through April 30. Classes are held on Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
For additional information on these classes and future opportunities, visit www.piedmontcc.edu/abs or contact:
• Person County: Felicia Holt: (336) 322-2155; Felicia.Holt@piedmontcc.edu; or visit her on campus in Building E, Room 120
• Caswell County: Lynn Kerr: (336)694-8057; Lynn.Kerr@piedmontcc.edu; or visit her on campus in Building K, Room 157