Piedmont Community College (PCC) will offer a new course focusing on online job search strategies beginning January 30. This free class will meet each Monday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., through March 1 at PCC’s Workforce Training Center located at 303 South Morgan Street in Roxboro.
Instructor Ann Kirby will teach participants how to:
• Search and apply for jobs online
• Create a professional email account
• Prepare effective resumes and cover letters to submit online
• Understand trends and technology, including how employers use online social media to hire new employees
To enroll in the “Online Job Search Strategies” course or for more information, contact PCC’s Workforce Development Team at (336) 322-2156 or the Workforce Training Center at (336) 599-4620.
“Marketing Yourself: Ensure Your Competitive Edge” is also offered as a new seminar at PCC. From February 1 – March 6, this free seminar will also meet each Monday and Wednesday. The class is from 1 – 4 p.m. at PCC’s Workforce Training, encouraging participants to take advantage of both free programs.
Kirby will also present during this seminar, teaching participants:
• How use social media as a personal marketing tool by developing networking connections
• Join groups via social media
• Connect to resources in your field(s) of interest
• Access potential employers who are seeking a person with your skills, qualifications, interests, and expertise
To enroll in one or both free courses, or for additional information, contact PCC’s Workforce Development Team at (336) 322-2156 or the Workforce Training Center at (336) 599-4620.