Piedmont Community College will offer the Simply Irresistible Cooking: How to Make Perfect Cakes course on Thursday, July 21 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. This class will be held on the Person County Campus, 1715 College Dr., Roxboro in Building S, Room 100.
Chef Jillian Whitlow, owner of Icing on the Cakery, will teach participants how to:
· Make cakes with no crumbs, no crowning and no cracking;
· Create a flawless decorating surface every time;
· Learn the proper way to combine ingredients and avoid over-mixing to end up with a tender cake;
· Learn how to level the top of your cake and cut it into layers to make room for homemade filling;
· Learn how to use a spatula to spread smooth, crumb-free icing and achieve a rich, textured look;
· Learn to pipe an easy, elegant star border and embellish further with wonderful decorations.
All ingredients are included in the $35 price! AND you get to eat at the end of class!
To enroll in the Simply Irresistible Cooking course or for more information, contact PCC’s Workforce Development Team at (336) 322-2156.