PCC is asking students to complete the below s urvey to share information about their computer and internet access abilities: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LSX5XNZ.
Also, due to COVID-19, PCC’s campuses will have limited staff. Visitors will be seen by appointment only until further notice. If you have questions, please email or call your instructor(s) and/or advisor. Campus hours have also changed:
• Person County Campus: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday, 1 – 6 p.m.• Caswell County Campus: Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Friday – Sunday: closed
Update on Student Resources:
Computer labs are not available due to the shelter-in-place order. The PCC Team is working to create access for students on both campuses, as well as finding other locations in our communities. This means that access would be available in a parking lot setting, and you would be able to access the WIFI from your vehicle.
– Remember to think safety first and continue to practice social distancing.
– Be respectful of the location you are using – no loitering or littering!
– Many locations will have security or security cameras in place.
Currently Available Locations as of 4/1/20:
• PCC’s Person County Campus in Parking Lot 4 next to Building S (on the right side)
o Address: 1715 College Drive, Roxboro
o Access: PCC Guest; no password
o New Campus Hours during the pandemic: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday, 1 – 6 p.m.
• Lamberth Memorial Baptist Church
o Address: 1026 Long Store Road, Roxboro
o Access: Lamberth Guest; no password
• Quality Inn in Person County
o Address: 906 Durham Road
o Access: Quality Inn Guest; no password
• Sheetz and Walmart in Roxboro, as well as McDonalds’ in both counties may have WIFI available
We are working on adding the following (watch www.piedmontcc.edu or www.facebook.com/piedmontcc for updates):
• PCC’s Caswell County Campus
o Expected availability is next week
o New Campus Hours during the pandemic: Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Friday – Sunday: closed
• PCC’s Person County Campus near Building T
o Expected availability is April 2 near the ramp entrance area
• Other businesses in Person and Caswell counties
Assistance with Online Learning from PCC:
• Email: StudentHelpDesk@piedmontcc.edu
• Phone: (336) 322-2138
PCC’s Online Tutoring:
• From the Learning Commons: Online tutoring available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Students can set up an appointment by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. A tutor will get back to you about whether they want to do a virtual session through Zoom or they want to e-mail an assignment for feedback.
• From TRiO: Online tutoring available Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Students should continue to email SSS staff to schedule appointments.
Summer & Fall Registration:
• This is ongoing – call your advisor or visit WebAdvisor
• “Steps to Transfer 101” – held April 2 at 3 p.m. at https://zoom.us/j/3291077091
• “Preparing for a Virtual Interview” – listen to recording at https://averett.zoom.us/rec/share/wuh5dZfd0WlOe8_h-X72Q6g4Orreeaa8gHVP__ULyk77WWk2Jx2RY–DLSZ0aD5L
• “Using LinkedIn and Handshake to Search for a Job or Internship” – listen to recording at https://averett.zoom.us/rec/share/vPJFKpvurnxLH8_d4wLZBpQgPI2iaaa81yIc_6ELy0cQJAeosjJiOD6caffNmnkU
Resources in our Communities:
Emergency Food Pantries:
• Caswell Parrish: located at 1038 Main Street in Yanceyville; (336) 694-6428; www.caswellcountyparish.org/
• High Rock Community Center: located at 103 John Long Road in Blanch; (336) 694-4116
• Christian Help Center: located at 122 Depot Street in Roxboro; (336) 599-6070; www.christianhelpcenter.net
• Food Pantry of Roxboro & Person County: located at 704 Franklin Street in Roxboro; www.facebook.com/Food-Pantry-of-Roxboro-and-Person-County-2200822420231222/
• Meals for Kids from Sheetz: Beginning April 2 and running for 2 week. More at https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/sheetz-giving-kids-in-need-a-free-meal-every-day/19038068/?fbclid=IwAR2LsnQuBrgyR593jW3CkTN_mZlL18ualc74SFBiwbOBdQZ5HrM7bdNRkMw
• COVID-19 from Person County Health Department: www.personcountync.gov/response
• Telehealth Services from Caswell Family Medical Center, Inc.: https://caswellmedical.org/telehealth/
• Filing for Unemployment Application: https://des.nc.gov/apply-unemployment/filing-your-unemployment-application
NC Wide Resources:
• NC 211: 24/7 access for organizations in our local community to assist with food, shelter, energy assistance, housing, parenting resources, health care, employment, substance abuse treatment as well as services specific to older adults and those with disabilities. Dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162.
• Text COVIDNC to 898211 to receive general information and updates about COVID-19 in NC