Regular PCC updates around class schedules and important dates can be found at www.piedmontcc.edu/COVID-19.
Due to the seriousness of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) global pandemic, beginning March 16, Curriculum Students will have a two week break (this replaces the April 13-16 Student Break).
Curriculum classes will resume on March 30 in a primarily online environment. During this time, the College will remain open and provide ongoing student support services to students, prospective students, and employees.
Continuing Education classes are being reviewed.
Students – please check your student email or PCC’s Facebook page
for important updates. Also click here to sign-up for the PCC Alert call/text system.
NEW IMPORTANT DATES:
March 16 – 28: Student Break for Curriculum Students (including CCP classes);
March 30: Curriculum classes will resume in a primarily online environment;
April 10: Holiday for Good Friday;
April 13-16: This is no longer a Student Break.
• Watch for updates from your instructor(s), via your PCC Student Email, or Blackboard regarding your assignments, due dates, and other important PCC news.
• The College will continue to operate on a regular schedule.
• PCC Child Development Center will operate on a regular schedule.
• Cosmetology will be closed to the public until further notice.
• Clinical and Work based learning sites (for healthcare and other students) will continue until our partners notify us otherwise.
• Computer lab availability for students:
* Students will need to schedule time for lab use (a system will be in place by March 30).
* Labs for technical areas (welding, industrial systems, cosmetology, etc.) may require scheduled work times (a system will be in place by March 30).
* Staff will ensure that “social distancing” is taken into consideration and allow computer use 6 feet apart
* Staff will be assigned to various computer labs based on need.
* Regular cleaning and sanitizing will occur based on the assistance of the scheduling system.
• The Canteen may or may not be staffed during this time (an update will be provided).
• Cleaning staff will adhere to NC Division of Public Health guidelines for cleaning during the pandemic.
• All PCC hosted group activities (workshops, events, etc.) will be cancelled for the months of March and April.
• Registration will begin March 16 for Summer.
* You can still register online (via Webadvisor ), by phone at (336) 322-2159, or by email (to your advisor).
• If you have travelled to states with a high number of reported cases or have been exposed to a presumptive COVID 19 case we ask that you:
* Not visit PCC’s campus locations;
* Inform your instructor
* Self-quarantine for 14 days;
* Report any COVID-19 symptoms to your local Health Department.