Please note: this process will erase all of your files/data that you have saved to the laptop. Please backup all files before using this process.
- Make sure the Lenovo IdeaPad 1 laptop is plugged in powered off
- Using a paperclip, insert it into the reset hole for approximately 3 seconds
- A menu will appear, select System Recovery and press enter.
- On the next menu select Troubleshoot then press enter.
- Then select Reset this PC and press enter
Select Remove Everything and hit enter
- Select Local Install then press enter
- Select Fully Clean Drive then press enter
- Select Reset and press enter
The reset process will begin. This will take 30-60 minutes and when completed the computer will be as it was brand new.
A Windows 11 menu will appear once the laptop is reset.
- Select United States then select Yes
- For the keyboard menu select US and then press Yes
- Under the second keyboard menu press Skip
- Select your wireless connection and press Connect
- Once connected to your wireless connection Press Next
- Press Accept to accept the license agreement
- Select Setup for personal use then press Next
- Select Offline Account
- Press Limited Experience
- Enter your Name and press Next
- Enter a Password and press Next
- Confirm your Password and press Next
- Enter your 3 security questions pressing Next after each one
- Press Accept
- Press Skip
- Select Accept
Windows will now start its configuration process. This process can take a few minutes.
Once you see this screen your computer is ready to use.