Let Piedmont Community College’s (PCC) Team help you strengthen your job seeking skills through various free programs! Upon completion, you could qualify for scholarship funds, allowing you to easily enroll in short-term training!
Introduction to Computer Skills – Morning, Afternoon, & Evening Classes Available!
Learn to touch type and basic computer skills and become more confident in your academic performance, as well as improve your future employment options! Remember, this program is free if you are unemployed and underemployed.
- Morning Option:
- March 30 – May 11, Tuesdays, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- PCC’s Business Development and Entrepreneurship Center (BDEC), located at 105 N. Main Street in Roxboro
- Afternoon Option:
- March 29 – May 10, Mondays 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Caswell County Campus
- Evening Option:
- April 5-28, Mondays & Wednesdays, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Person County Campus
Ready for Re-entry (scholarships & work experience positions available)
Gain knowledge of earning an income even if you have a criminal background or other challenging barriers. This free PCC class will focus on finding employment, becoming self-employed, and/or, enrolling in short-term training. Once completed, you may qualify for financial assistance to pay for further training or employment.
- April 5 – April 22, Mondays-Thursdays, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- BDEC, located at 105 N. Main Street in Roxboro
Employability Lab for Career Pathways
PCC offers a free Employability Skills lab in two locations! Enter the class any time during the below hours and gain free access to computers, printers, and resume paper to assist with job search activities. You can also work (in the lab or from home) on increasing your reading, math, and writing skills through the ACT Workkeys software. PCC’s Employability Lab allows you to work independently or receive one-on-one instruction as it relates to job search or guidance on short-term training needs.
- Caswell County Campus
- March 1-May 10, Mondays, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- BDEC in Uptown Roxboro
- Mondays-Thursdays, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Piedmont Community College also offers free instruction in Adult Basic Education. This includes instruction in basic reading, writing, and math (pre-reading skills through pre-GED® skills).
These courses will prepare you for your high school equivalency test: HiSET® or GED®. Click the link above for more information.
- Person County Campus: 1715 College Drive, Roxboro; Phone: (336) 599-1181
- Caswell County Campus: 331 Piedmont Drive, Yanceyville; Phone: (336) 694-5707
- Business Development and Entrepreneurship Center (BDEC): 105 N. Main Street, Roxboro (336) 599-0032
Call (336) 322–2186 to sign up or stop by the PCC location that best meets your needs and get started today!