The Phlebotomy course provides theory and clinical experiences needed for the proper collection of blood and other specimens used for diagnostic testing. Emphasis is placed on ethics, legalities, medical terminology, safety and universal precautions, health care delivery systems, patient relations, anatomy and physiology, and specimen collection. Upon completion, students should be able to safely perform procedures necessary for specimen collections on patents in various health care settings and may be eligible for national certification as phlebotomy technicians.
Class held: November 3 – May 14
Theory/Lab: Nov. 3 – Feb. 9, 2021
T/W/Th; 5 – 9 p.m.
Feb. 9 – May 14, 2021
10-12 hrs./week minimum; Hours will be assigned M – F, between the hours of 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Student schedule will be determined based on site location; Students MUST be flexible with clinical schedule.
Registration opens July 1, 2020. Any registration forms received prior to July 1, will be held. You will be contacted on July 1, and given 48 hours to complete payment to guarantee your seat in the course.Click here to register online.
PREREQUSITE: High School/High School Equivalency Diploma
1. Tuition and fees: The registration fee is $198.
2. Textbook: Phlebotomy: Worktext and Procedures Manual ISBN# 9780323279406; textbooks are available for purchase from the PCC Bookstore, www.pccstore.com for $97.14
3. Uniform: Red scrubs (2-3 sets recommended), black leather closed toe closed heel shoes, and black socks are required for lab days and clinical.
4. Students must purchase a criminal background check ($77.20) and urine drug screen ($35) through Verified Credentials. You will also have to upload your immunization record into your Verified Credentials account. The following immunizations are required:
Hepatitis B (series of 3 doses or a Titers blood test)
MMR (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
Varicella (Chicken Pox) (series of 2 doses or a Titers blood test)
5. National Healthcareers Association National Certification exam – $117
6. $69, NHA Online Practice Exam & Study Guide purchased directly from NHA using credit/debit card. Piedmont Community College will invoice third-party sponsors who are providing payment for students.
To register, contact Workforce Development at (336) 694-8064 or (336) 694-8080. You may also contact us by email at Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu.
Registering for Continuing Education Courses is fast and easy! You can register in person, online, or by mailing your payment with registration form.
Review the available classes. You will need the course start and end dates, course title, and course location.
To register in person, come to the Workforce Development office to complete the registration form and pay your registration fee.
Caswell County Campus, 331 Piedmont Dr. Yanceyville, Room K-213
Person County, 1715 College Drive, Roxboro, NC, E-112
To register online, click here to submit your registration form.
Once received, you will receive an email with payment instructions. Payment must be received within 48 hours of submitting registration form. If payment has not been received, your registration will be voided and you will have to re-submit.