Nurse Aide I begins
PCC’s Nurse Aide I training program prepares you to provide personal care and perform basic nursing skills for the elderly and other adults.
Classes are held Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Clinical Date/Hours: July 16 – July 27, 8 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.
**Due to COVID-19, clinical rotation will be done on campus in the lab until further notice.
*Limited to 10 seats
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be eligible to take the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Competency Examination. The successful completion of the written and skills exam is required for listing on the North Carolina Nurse Aide I Registry.
Individuals must be listed on the Nurse Aide Registry to fulfill employment requirements in the health care industry as a Nurse Aide I in North Carolina. The Nurse Aide I course consists of theory and a clinical experience in an assisted living or long-term care facility. The course is 112-hours of in-class lecture and lab (theory component) and 48-hours of mandatory clinical rotation.
NURSE AIDE I COSTS
1. Tuition and fees: The registration fee is $189. This includes registration, student liability fee, and insurance.
2. Textbook: Mosby’s Textbook for Nursing Assistants, 9th Edition, ISBN 978-0-323-31974-4; textbooks must be purchased in advance. They are available from the PCC Bookstore www.pccstore.com.
3. Uniform: Price will vary depending on the place of purchase. Ceil blue scrubs and closed toe, closed heel white non-canvas shoes and white socks are required for clinical.
4. Other costs: Stethoscope, blood pressure cuff and a watch with a second-hand.
5. NNAAP: $120 State competency exam, paid during the last week of class.
To register, contact Workforce Development at (336) 694-8064 or (336) 694-8080. You may also contact us by email at Lori.Watlington@piedmontcc.edu.
Registering for Continuing Education Courses is fast and easy! You can register in person, online, or by mailing your payment with registration form.
Review the available classes. You will need the course start and end dates, course title, and course location.
To register in person, come to the Workforce Development office on the Person or Caswell County Campus to complete the registration form and pay your registration fee.
Caswell County Campus, Room K-213
Person County Campus, Room E-110
To register online:
Click here to submit your registration form. Once received, you will receive an email with payment instructions from Lori Watlington. Payment must be received within 48 hours of submitting registration form. If payment has not been received, your registration will be voided and you will have to re-submit.
To register by mail:
Download the Continuing Education Registration Form and fill out all items. You will need one form for each course you wish to take. Mail completed registration form(s) with check or money order to:
Piedmont Community College
ATTN: Lori Watlington
PO Box 1150
Yanceyville, NC 27379