Basic Life Support Instructor Course
PCC is an AHA Authorized Training Site
Basic Life Support Instructor Course will be held at PCC’s Caswell County Campus, 331 Piedmont Drive in Yanceyville in the Public Safety Training Center, Building P, Room 115.
1. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED for this course by calling (336) 694-8070 or by coming to the Public Safety Training Center.
2. You must provide your email address when you call or come to the campus. We will email you important information for the course!
3. Complete the BLS Instructor Essentials Course; this can be found at https://www.onlineaha.org/ (there is a $34 fee for this course) (you must have your course completion certificate when you arrive to class)
4. Complete an Instructor Candidate Application – This should be completed and signed by the instructor candidate and by someone who can verify the instructor candidate’s instructor potential.
a. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and request this form. Bring signed application to class. (This form must be completed by the TCF/Coordinator/Instructor that is recommending you to become an instructor)
b. Anyone taking the course that will not be aligning with RCC’s TC will need to have the affiliating TC fill out the TC Alignment section. If this is not completed, candidate will not be able to take the class.
5. Affiliate with an AHA Community Training Center.
a. You must be accepted by an AHA Training Center before enrolling in an Instructor Course.
b. To affiliate with Randolph Community College log on to the AHA Instructor Network at https://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org
c. Register and affiliate with Randolph Community College as a BLS Instructor.
6. Hold a current AHA BLS provider certification – Bring a copy of your BLS card to class
7. Bring an Basic Life Support Instructor Kit to class
a. This can be purchased through AHA Distributors: WorldPoint, Channing-Bete Co., or Laerdal Medical Corp.
Tuition Fee is $70.00 (unless fee exempt). For more information or to register call (336) 694-8070
Disclaimer: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA coursed and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.