Current Campus Operations (updated 1/28/2022):
Due to potential hazardous weather beginning on Friday (1/28) evening, PCC campuses will be closed from Friday, January 28 at 5 p.m. through the weekend.
Classes updates include:
- Friday, January 28 after 5 p.m.: Face-to-face classes will be virtual
- Saturday, January 29: Face-to-face classes will be virtual
Reminder: beginning Monday, January 31 (weather permitting), all face-to-face, hybrid, and blended classes will return to their original format.
All Face-to-Face Curriculum Classes are Now Live-Online via Zoom from 1/5 – 1/29.
To help keep you and your instructors safe, all face-to-face, hybrid, and blended classes will be changed to live, online courses from January 5-29. These classes will be offered using Zoom and you should access your course link(s) through Blackboard. Classes will return to their original format on 1/31.
If you are unable to access Zoom in your own setting, there will be socially distanced computer labs available for use on PCC’s campuses:
- Caswell County Campus: Learning Commons, K 124A
- Person County Campus: Learning Commons, B 108, B 113, C 107, and C 105 for afternoon classes only).
If you have any questions, please contact your instructor for details. Any students in programs with exceptions to this change will be contacted directly.
Regular Online classes will proceed as scheduled.
Details about FREE Student Resources are available at: www.piedmontcc.edu/academic-resources/, including the help desk, tutoring, and counseling!
When on campus, students are required to wear a face covering when in classrooms, offices, common areas such as bathrooms or hallways, and outside when unable to properly social distance. This includes when standing outside in groups of two or more people.
- Face coverings will be provided if you do not have one.
- Students who have a medical reason for not wearing a face covering should notify Dr. Shelly Stone-Moye, Vice President of Student Development.
- Students who have a medical reason for not wearing a face covering may be asked to participate in classes via an alternate format for the protection of all PCC students, faculty and staff.
Have COVID-19 Symptoms?:
Please use good judgment when determining whether to come to campus. If the student is not feeling well or has any COVID symptoms, even if it seems like it might just be a cold, allergies, or sinus problems, please DO NOT come to campus. The Delta variant has more cold and allergy like symptoms and extra caution should be used until you know it is not the COVID virus.
- Notify your instructor(s), using the best form of communication given in the course syllabus so there is no issue with attendance. Instructors have been asked to work with students who must self-quarantine due to illness and exposure.
- If you have any questions about whether to come to campus, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept confidential.
Tested Positive for COVID?:
Students who have tested positive for COVID, or who have been potentially exposed are required to report this to Shelly Stone-Moye, Vice President, Student Development for further guidance on self-quarantining.
Sanitizing spray and wipes will remain available in high traffic areas for those who wish to clean an area before they use it.
Cleaning and disinfecting supplies are in each classroom. Students are encouraged to clean their area before they use it if they are concerned about possible contamination.
Eating in the Pacer Café :
Students eating in the Pacer café are asked to only leave their masks off for 15 minutes while they are eating and then put it back on if they continue to stay in the area. Picnic tables have been moved to shady areas outside to encourage better spacing of students.
Complying with PCC’s COVID Guidelines:
Based on PCC Policy 7.16, Infectious Diseases, students who refuse to comply with procedures should be warned, then the normal process for student code of conduct violations should be followed.
Thank you for your continued cooperation in helping us keep PCC a safe and healthy place for all of us! I hope you have a great fall semester!
Your Success is Our Goal!
- Class delivery: classes are being offered in a variety of ways to ensure you are able to connect with your instructor(s). Visit www.piedmontcc.edu/schedule for more information.
- Online tutoring: visit piedmont.mywconline.com for more information about online tutoring
- Student Help Desk: get assistance with Blackboard, WebAdvisor, Logging in to class, etc. by emailing email@example.com or calling (336) 322-2138.
- Computer Labs: labs are open at three of PCC’s locations. You should call to make an appointment:
- Person County Campus: Building H or (336) 322-2247
- Caswell County Campus: Building K or (336) 694-5707
- Business Development & Entrepreneurship Center: (336) 599-0032
- Lap Top & Hot Spot: PCC can loan either or both to current students. Call (336) 322-2247 for more information.
I’m new to online learning. What do I do first?
- Visit www.piedmontcc.edu. At the top, you’ll see links to WebAdvisor, Blackboard, and Email.
- Click the Email link and log in.
- Your email is also your Blackboard username with the email extension (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Passwords are the same in Blackboard and email.
- If you don’t know your email address, call (336) 322-2138 or email email@example.com.
- Complete the icebreaker assignment located in your Blackboard class within the first day or two. This is essential to remain in the course and it will be a simple assignment like a syllabus quiz or a short introduction.
- Click “Online Learning Tips (pdf)” at www.piedmontcc.edu/COVID-19 for more info.
- Contact the Student Help Desk for further assistance with Blackboard, WebAdvisor, or logging in to class, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (336) 322-2138.
NC Technology resources for students (4/15/20):NC Broadband – COVID-19 internet service offerings
Adobe Creative Cloud – Free temporary at-home access for students who log into Creative Cloud on campus
AT&T – Internet access for qualifying limited income households for $10/month
Charter Communications – Free broadband internet for new customers in households with college students for 60 days
Comcast Internet Essentials – Free internet service for new customers and free speed upgrade for current customers
EveryoneOn – Search for low-cost internet service and computers by zip code
Hot Spot Info (updated 11/18/20):
* Piedmont Electric’s Person County Office at 1125 Oxford Road in Roxboro
* Piedmont Electric’s Caswell County Office at 64 Rascoe Dameron Road in Burlington
Updated WiFi Access on Campus & in the Community
1) PCC’s Person County Campus (2 locations)
* Parking Lot 3 next to Building T (closest to ramp entrance)
* Parking Lot 4 next to Building S (on the right side)
* Address: 1715 College Drive, Roxboro
* New Campus Hours during the pandemic: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday, 1 – 6 p.m.
2) PCC’s Caswell County Campus
* Parking lot in front of Building P (small lot)
* Address: 331 Piedmont Drive, Yanceyville
* New Campus Hours during the pandemic: Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Friday – Sunday: closed
3) Lamberth Memorial Baptist Church
* Address: 1026 Long Store Road, Roxboro
* Access: Lamberth Guest; no password
4) Quality Inn in Person County
* Address: 906 Durham Road, Roxboro
* Access: Quality Inn Guest; no password
5) Piedmont Health Services, Inc.
* Address: 322 Main Street, Prospect Hill
* Access: Guest; password: Healthy1
6) Life Beyond The Shadows Counseling, PLLC
* Address: 110 Cole Street, Yanceyville
* Access: LBTSGuest; password: guestwifi
7) Warren’s Grove Baptist Church
* Address: 1511 Wesleyan Road, Roxboro
* Access: Warren’s Grove Guest; no password
8) Roxboro Baptist Church
* Address: 202 South Main Street, Roxboro
* Access: Guest; password: GoNServe
9) Sheetz and Walmart in Roxboro, as well as McDonalds’ in both counties may have WiFi available
Please make PCC proud when using these WiFi locations:
– Remember to think safety first and continue to practice social distancing.
– Be respectful of the location you are using – no loitering or littering (many locations will have security or security cameras in place).
Resources in our Communities:
Emergency Food Pantries:
• Caswell Parrish: located at 1038 Main Street in Yanceyville; (336) 694-6428;
• High Rock Community Center: located at 103 John Long Road in Blanch; (336) 694-4116;
• Christian Help Center: located at 122 Depot Street in Roxboro; (336) 599-6070;
• Food Pantry of Roxboro & Person County: located at 704 Franklin Street in Roxboro;
• COVID-19 from Person County Health Department
• Telehealth Services from Caswell Family Medical Center, Inc.
• Filing for Unemployment Application
NC Wide Resources:
• NC 211: 24/7 access for organizations in our local community to assist with food, shelter, energy assistance, housing, parenting resources, health care, employment, substance abuse treatment as well as services specific to older adults and those with disabilities. Dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162.
• Text COVIDNC to 898211 to receive general information and updates about COVID-19 in NC
• Wash your hands frequently and properly;
• Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands;
• Clean items you touch, including your cellphone, regularly.
These are the same everyday actions we should all be following to prevent the spread of seasonal flu, and these precautions are key to containing the coronavirus as well.
Making an Appointment:
Campus Buildings are open by appointment and for scheduled class time:
• Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The PCC Team is on a staggered work schedule, so you are encouraged to call and make an appointment for the below services:
Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid, Registration, and Records
• Person County Campus: Building E or (336) 322-2159
• Caswell County Campus: Building K or (336) 694-5707
Computer Labs and Tutoring
• Person County Campus: Building H or (336) 322-2247
• Caswell County Campus: Building K or (336) 694-5707
• Business Development & Entrepreneurship Center: (336) 599-0032
• Visit piedmont.mywconline.com