Current Campus Operations:Click here for the COVID-19 Student Attestation Form.
- Students must complete this form prior to coming to campus each day.
- A copy of your results will be sent to your email account and can be used to show your instructors as proof of completion for each class attended.
- Please have a copy of your results ready to display as you enter each class.
Many of PCC’s classes will be online this Fall, however, some that require more hands-on training, will be held face-to-face, or in a hybrid manner.Click here for a description of course delivery terms.
This document includes instructions for logging into BlackBoard, WebAdvisor, PCC’s Student Email, as well as how to complete the BlackBoard Orientation course.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR GOAL! For questions, concerns, or technical support, contact the Distance Learning Student Help Desk at: (336) 322-2138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCC’s 2 Priorities: Your Safety & Success:
- Face coverings: are mandatory when on campus and you can’t social distance. If you do not have a face covering, PCC will provide one to you. We have a variety of options available. See a video on how not to wear your mask from the kids in PCC’s Child Development Center.
- Social Distancing: face-to-face classes will have fewer students
- Personal Hygiene: everyone is asked to follow the CDC’s recommendations for personal hygiene
- Classroom/Common Area Cleaning: PCC’s Maintenance Team is focusing on stringent building cleaning. You may be asked to help clean your space (computer lab space, etc.) prior to leaving the area.
- Class delivery: classes are being offered in a variety of ways to ensure you are able to connect with your instructor(s). Visit www.piedmontcc.edu/schedule for more information.
- All students are receiving texts and emails with more specific course information
- People will be outside each building to help students with face to face classes find the right classroom. Also posters will be outside main entries to assist with classroom information.
- Online tutoring: visit piedmont.mywconline.com for more information about online tutoring
- Student Help Desk: get assistance with Blackboard, WebAdvisor, Logging in to class, etc. by emailing email@example.com or calling (336) 322-2138.
- Computer Labs: labs are open at three of PCC’s locations. You should call to make an appointment:
- Person County Campus: Building H or (336) 322-2247
- Caswell County Campus: Building K or (336) 694-5707
- Business Development & Entrepreneurship Center: (336) 599-0032
- Lap Top & Hot Spot: PCC can loan either or both to current students. Call (336) 322-2247 for more information.
- Faculty Offices in Building L: open and practicing social distancing.
- Learning Commons in Building H: open and practicing social distancing to allow you to complete research or have space to complete classwork.
I’m new to online learning. What do I do first?
- Visit www.piedmontcc.edu. At the top, you’ll see links to WebAdvisor, Blackboard, and Email.
- Click the Email link and log in.
- Your email is also your Blackboard username with the email extension (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Passwords are the same in Blackboard and email.
- If you don’t know your email address, call (336) 322-2138 or email email@example.com.
- Complete the icebreaker assignment located in your Blackboard class within the first day or two. This is essential to remain in the course and it will be a simple assignment like a syllabus quiz or a short introduction.
- Click “Online Learning Tips (pdf)” at www.piedmontcc.edu/COVID-19 for more info.
- Contact the Student Help Desk for further assistance with Blackboard, WebAdvisor, or logging in to class, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (336) 322-2138.
NC Technology resources for students (4/15/20):NC Broadband – COVID-19 internet service offerings
Adobe Creative Cloud – Free temporary at-home access for students who log into Creative Cloud on campus
AT&T – Internet access for qualifying limited income households for $10/month
Charter Communications – Free broadband internet for new customers in households with college students for 60 days
Comcast Internet Essentials – Free internet service for new customers and free speed upgrade for current customers
EveryoneOn – Search for low-cost internet service and computers by zip code
Hot Spot Info (updated 11/18/20):
* Piedmont Electric’s Person County Office at 1125 Oxford Road in Roxboro
* Piedmont Electric’s Caswell County Office at 64 Rascoe Dameron Road in Burlington
Updated WiFi Access on Campus & in the Community
1) PCC’s Person County Campus (2 locations)
* Parking Lot 3 next to Building T (closest to ramp entrance)
* Parking Lot 4 next to Building S (on the right side)
* Address: 1715 College Drive, Roxboro
* New Campus Hours during the pandemic: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sunday, 1 – 6 p.m.
2) PCC’s Caswell County Campus
* Parking lot in front of Building P (small lot)
* Address: 331 Piedmont Drive, Yanceyville
* New Campus Hours during the pandemic: Monday – Thursday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Friday – Sunday: closed
3) Lamberth Memorial Baptist Church
* Address: 1026 Long Store Road, Roxboro
* Access: Lamberth Guest; no password
4) Quality Inn in Person County
* Address: 906 Durham Road, Roxboro
* Access: Quality Inn Guest; no password
5) Piedmont Health Services, Inc.
* Address: 322 Main Street, Prospect Hill
* Access: Guest; password: Healthy1
6) Life Beyond The Shadows Counseling, PLLC
* Address: 110 Cole Street, Yanceyville
* Access: LBTSGuest; password: guestwifi
7) Warren’s Grove Baptist Church
* Address: 1511 Wesleyan Road, Roxboro
* Access: Warren’s Grove Guest; no password
8) Roxboro Baptist Church
* Address: 202 South Main Street, Roxboro
* Access: Guest; password: GoNServe
9) Sheetz and Walmart in Roxboro, as well as McDonalds’ in both counties may have WiFi available
Please make PCC proud when using these WiFi locations:
– Remember to think safety first and continue to practice social distancing.
– Be respectful of the location you are using – no loitering or littering (many locations will have security or security cameras in place).
Resources in our Communities:
Emergency Food Pantries:
• Caswell Parrish: located at 1038 Main Street in Yanceyville; (336) 694-6428;
• High Rock Community Center: located at 103 John Long Road in Blanch; (336) 694-4116;
• Christian Help Center: located at 122 Depot Street in Roxboro; (336) 599-6070;
• Food Pantry of Roxboro & Person County: located at 704 Franklin Street in Roxboro;
• COVID-19 from Person County Health Department
• Telehealth Services from Caswell Family Medical Center, Inc.
• Filing for Unemployment Application
NC Wide Resources:
• NC 211: 24/7 access for organizations in our local community to assist with food, shelter, energy assistance, housing, parenting resources, health care, employment, substance abuse treatment as well as services specific to older adults and those with disabilities. Dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162.
• Text COVIDNC to 898211 to receive general information and updates about COVID-19 in NC
• Wash your hands frequently and properly;
• Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands;
• Clean items you touch, including your cellphone, regularly.
These are the same everyday actions we should all be following to prevent the spread of seasonal flu, and these precautions are key to containing the coronavirus as well.
Making an Appointment:
Campus Buildings are open by appointment and for scheduled class time:
• Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Friday: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The PCC Team is on a staggered work schedule, so you are encouraged to call and make an appointment for the below services:
Admissions, Advising, Financial Aid, Registration, and Records
• Person County Campus: Building E or (336) 322-2159
• Caswell County Campus: Building K or (336) 694-5707
Computer Labs and Tutoring
• Person County Campus: Building H or (336) 322-2247
• Caswell County Campus: Building K or (336) 694-5707
• Business Development & Entrepreneurship Center: (336) 599-0032
• Visit piedmont.mywconline.com