PCC’s 2018 Step into the Arts Festival will be a 3-day event!
Thursday April 12, 9 a.m. - 1: p.m. at PCC's Person County Campus with a “Celtic” theme!
Guest speakers and artists include:
* Lona Bartlett - Storyteller and Puppeteer
* UNC Professor, Dr. Dorothy H. Verkerk - specializing in Celtic Art & Culture
* Inis Cairde School of Irish Dance from Raleigh
* Barrowburn - an Irish Band from Raleigh
School groups are welcomed to attend this unique artistic educational day!
Friday, April 13, 5:30 - 8 p.m. at the Kirby Cultural Arts Complex
* Free Art Reception featuring work from PCC Fine Arts Students
* Winners of the "Let's Celebrate Art" contest announced
* Person High School Choral Ensemble performance
* Book reading and signing by author Dr. Dawn Langley
Saturday, April 14, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. in Uptown Roxboro featuring art vendors, free art activities, live performances, and more!
Live Performances by:
* Kyle Moore
* Essence of Movement
* Christi's Dance Center
* Little River Cloggers
* More to be announced soon!
Art and Craft Vendors include:
* Bear Wallow Bells - garden art bells, decorated bluebird boxes
* S. Lynette Jewelry - natural stone bead necklaces, bracelets, earrings
* Cheryl Foiles Designs - copper, sterling, & enamel jewelry
* Handiwork Soaps & Such - soaps, bath bombs, lotions
* King and Lathan Crafts, Inc. - wall decor, scarves, stained glass mosaic
* Broad and Dough - cutting boards, plant stands, baked goods
* Dolores Carr - burlap window decor, display hooks, decorative flowers
* Rebecca Lockhart - wood crafts, painted windows, picture frames
* Revka Stearns - jewelry, bookmarks, key chains
* Ralph Watson's wood work and crochet
* Katherine Fields & Brittany Day - refurbished furniture, coasters, totes
Additional information added weekly! Activities offer something for all ages and are FREE and open to the public!
ATTENTION ARTISTS - are you interested in a 10x10 booth space during Saturday's events? Booth space is $35 prior to February 1 and $40 between February 2 - March 27. Up & Coming Student Artist Rate: $15 (by March 27). Click here for the Juried Arts and Crafts Festival application.
Questions? Contact Amy Levine at (336) 322-1161 or Amy.Levine@piedmontcc.edu.