The next PCC Foundation Scholarship Round will be held in March for the Summer & Fall semesters. See External Scholarship information below for current funding options.
Remember: To be considered for a scholarship, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and supply all necessary documentation to the Financial Aid office prior to the July scholarship deadline. Click here to learn more about Financial Aid.
- Complete the application, including the essay questions. Tell your story in more than one sentence so the committee can have a full understanding of your current need.
- Submit ONE application per cycle.
- Enroll in more than 6 credit hours/semester and have a GPA of at least 2.0.
- Scholarships awarded through the Foundation are only for use at Piedmont Community College.
- Scholarships do not require repayment unless the terms of the scholarship are violated.
- All scholarships are competitive and are based on criteria established by donors.
- The selection committee assigns numerical scores to each essay question based on content, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Scholarship application evaluations are anonymous Applicant names, ID #s, and demographic information is omitted during the review.
- Foundation scholarships are awarded based on the essay score and the scholarship criteria as set forth by the donor, including but not limited to: demonstrated financial need academic information (primary major, credits completed, etc.), and academic performance (GPA).
Questions about the PCC Foundation application process? Contact Sandy Parker at Sandy.Parker@piedmontcc.edu.
Other Scholarships from External Sources
External scholarships become available during the year through PCC’s Financial Aid Office. Information about these scholarships are posted to the scholarship bulletin board in Student Development, and e-mailed to students with additional information, and featured in the student e-newsletter.
Transferring Student Scholarships
If you are transferring from Piedmont Community College to one of the 16 UNC System schools in North Carolina, a list of available scholarships is located here.
Scholarship Search Engines
- College Ave Monthly Scholarship
- College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC)
- U.S. Department of Labor Scholarship Database
- SallieMae Scholarship Search
- Wells Fargo Tuition Funding Sources
Scholarships for Veterans and/or Family Members:
- American Legion Legacy Scholarships
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Scholarships
- Scholarships for Military Families
- Wells Fargo Veterans Emergency Grant Program
- Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program
- Army Women’s Foundation
- Military Spouse Scholarship
If you are a veteran of military service or a family member of a veteran, you may be eligible for special benefits. Click here for more information, or contact the Financial Aid Team at (336) 599-1181, ext. 2108 or in Building E on the Person County Campus.