Completing the FAFSA
STEP 1Apply for admission to PCC. Remember, financial aid cannot be awarded until you are approved for admission and official high school/equivalency transcript has been received.
- Create an FSA ID ( view this video for instructions )
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) ( view this video for instructions )
- Don’t forget to add PCC’s school code: 009646
- Students may begin completing the FAFSA on October 1 each year
Once your FAFSA has been processed by the Department of Education, you will receive a Student Aid Report, by mail or by e-mail if the e-mail address is provided. The Student Aid Report indicates the students and/or parent ability to assist with payment of education cost. This numerical value is called the EFC (Expected Family Contribution). Your FAFSA application will then be forwarded to PCC for processing.
When the Financial Aid Office receives a copy of your FAFSA from the U.S. Department of Education, a letter will be sent to you requesting documents needed to complete your file. Once all documents are received, your financial aid file will be reviewed for a possible award.
If it is determined that you are eligible for aid, you will receive a financial aid award letter from PCC. Please read the 20/21 Award Letter Notification.
- We recommend students seeking financial aid assistance to cover educational expenses to complete the FAFSA process prior to registration
Financial Aid Verification
If you are selected for verification, do not assume you are being accused of doing anything wrong. Some people are selected at random and some schools verify all students’ FAFSA forms. All you need to do is provide the requested documentation and be sure to do so by the deadline or you may lose financial aid eligibility.
Summer 2021 – Important Information
- New applicants for 2020-2021, please complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA application at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA for Summer 2021 is April 20, 2021
- Students may apply after this date, but will need to make arrangements for his/her tuition at the time of registration. If the application for financial aid is subsequently approved, students will be reimbursed based on financial aid eligibility
Students will need to arrange to have unpaid tuition taken care of by May 18, 2021. Students that are not eligible for financial aid may enroll in the payment plan at https://www.piedmontcc.edu/becoming-a-student/paying-for- college/payment-plan/
***Please begin attending classes on May 24, 2021 if you have secured payment for your classes***
- Financial Aid does not cover classes that are not applicable to student’s program of study
- Attendance through June 3, 2021 is required in order for hours to be considered for Financial Aid eligibility
- Withdrawals prior to June 3, 2021 will not be considered for Financial Aid eligibility
- Bookstore charge dates: May 17, 2021 – May 28, 2021 (no charges will be allowed after this date)
- Financial Aid Refunds mailed: June 10, 2021 (Subject to Change)