Piedmont Community College (PCC) will offer the Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor course on March 27, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. on the Caswell County Campus, located at 331 Piedmont Drive in Yanceyville. PCC is an American Heart Association authorized training site.
Those interested in enrolling in the BLS Instructor course should call (336) 694-8052 or stop campus to pre-register (required).
The purpose of the American Red Cross BLS Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the basic-level American Red Cross Basic Life Support course. Basic Life Support Instructor candidates must possess a current basic-level certification in Basic Life Support or equivalent.
To qualify for the course, participants should:
- Provide a course completion certificate for the BLS Instructor Essentials course in advance; this course is available online for $34 at www.onlineaha.org/
- Complete an Instructor Candidate Application; application should be signed by the instructor candidate and by someone who can verify the instructor candidate’s instructor potential and brought to class. Request this form from email@example.com.
- Anyone taking the course that will not be aligning with Randolph Community College Training Center (TC) will need to have the affiliating TC fill out the TC Alignment section. If this is not completed, candidate will not be able to take the class.
- Be accepted by an American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center before enrolling in an Instructor course.
- To affiliate with Randolph Community College log on to the AHA Instructor Network at https://ahainstructornetwork.americanheart.org
- Register and affiliate with Randolph Community College as a BLS Instructor.
- Hold a current AHA BLS provider certification. Participants are asked to bring a copy of their BLS card to class.
- Purchase a Basic Life Support Instructor kit and bring to class. The kit can be purchased through AHA Distributors: WorldPoint, Channing-Bete Co., or Laerdal Medical Corp.
PCC’s Basic Life Support Instructor course registration fee is $70.00, unless the participant is fee exempt. For more information or to register call (336) 694-8052.