2017 Women of Distinction Award Nomination Form
Piedmont Community College is now accepting nominations for the college’s first Women of Distinction Awards. This award recognizes the accomplishments of local women who exemplify the vision and mission of the college by being a contributor to their own community and beyond, and have demonstrated excellence in the categories of Education, Community Development, Business, Healthcare, Community Service, or Volunteer Caregiving.
Nominations will be reviewed anonymously (without visibility of names or demographic statistics) by a selection committee comprised of Piedmont Community College and community representatives. Award winners will be recognized on Thursday, March 23, 2017, at the Women of Distinction Luncheon at the Kirby Cultural Arts Complex. Recipients and nominators will be notified of their selection once the review process is complete. If your nominee is selected, you will each receive one complimentary ticket to the event. Additional tickets are available for online purchase below, or at Piedmont Community College, Building A, Room 113 on the Person County Campus for $15 per person. Ticket proceeds will benefit the Piedmont Community College Foundation Scholarship Program.
As you consider your nominee, please keep the following in mind:
Please contact Allison Satterfield at (336) 322-2102 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Joyce Johnson at (336) 322-2106 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
- Nominees must live, work, or volunteer in Person or Caswell County.
- Nominees should serve as role models and/or mentors to other women and girls.
- Recipients are encouraged to be present at the awards ceremony on Thursday, March 23, 2017 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. to receive the award.
- A portion of the nomination may be used to introduce the recipient at the awards presentation. Please do not include any confidential information.
- Recipients will be selected based on the content of this nomination and reference letters alone, so please be as specific as possible.
- Additional reference letters are highly encouraged, but not required.
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, March 10, 2017.
Fill out the application in one of two ways below
Women of Distinction Award Luncheon tickets may be purchased by March 16, 2017 at the link below. Ticket proceeds will directly impact the success of local students through the Piedmont Community College Foundation Scholarship Program. Your support is greatly appreciated!