2017 Step into the Arts - North Carolina: Our Home
PCC’s 2017 Step into the Arts Festival will be a 3-day event (April 6-8) with a “North Carolina: Our Home” theme.
The Activities offer something for all ages and are FREE and open to the public! Click here for a printable Schedule!
Day 1 - Thursday, April 6
On Stage Line-Up
8:30 a.m. – Person County’s 225th Anniversary Skit
9:05 a.m. – Little River Cloggers
9:40 a.m. – NC Storytelling with Dr. DuPre Sanders
10:30 a.m. – Shag History and Lessons with the Meelers
11:05 a.m. – Sappony Tribal Indian lesson
11:40 a.m. – Live Music with Michael Thompson
12:35 p.m. – PoetRama hosted by PCC’s Gordon P. Allen Learning Resources Center (LRC)
Art Tents Include
* Work from PCC Fine Arts & Digital Effects and Animation Technology students
* Sappony Tribal History and Art
* Create a NC Bird with a PCC Student (to be hung at the Kirby this summer!
* Step into the Arts T-Shirts that can be tie-died with the help of PCC students ($10 fee)
6 p.m. – North Carolina Poet Laureate Shelby Stephenson visits PCC’s Person County Campus. A presentation will be held in Barnette Auditorium.
Day 2 - Friday, April 7
Activities will be held at the Kirby Cultural Arts Complex
Open to the public!
* 5:30 - 8 p.m. - North Carolina art will be on display in the Kirby and Upper Galleries
* 5:30 - 8 p.m. - A wine and cheese tasting will be held in the Upstairs portion of the Kirby Cultural Arts Complex
* 7 p.m. - Free Movie, The Longest Ride, will be shown in the Kirby Theater. This movie was filmed in NC and is rated PG-13
Day 3 - Saturday, April 8
Festivities will be held at Merritt Commons and Main Street in Uptown Roxboro and include an Arts & Crafts Fair, Storytelling, Book Readings, Live Music, and NC BBQ!
Schedule of Live Music & Storytelling at Merritt Commons:
10 a.m. - Kyle Moore and Christie Wilkins (graduates of PCC)
11 a.m. - Leia Gaskin (singer/songwriter) and Amy Levine (performance painting)
12 p.m. - Fred Motley (Storyteller)
1 p.m. - Little Windows with Julie Weems (Traditional Folk)
2 p.m. - Nickels to Diamonds with Michael Thompson (Musicians)
3 p.m. - Willie Mason and Friends (Gospel)
Art Vendors for Saturday, April 8 at Merritt Commons:
Cheryl Foiles; King and Lathan Crafts, Inc.; Whimsical Pottery - Ruth Bass; Dorothy’s Crafts; Carleigh Barbour Art; Accessories by Donna - Donna Mikels; Sister’s Hotline; Earth and Moon; Bear Wallow Bells - Nancy Rataski; Jewelry by Gina; LK Designs - Lana Frazier
Calling All Artists!
Artists from North Carolina are invited to showcase and sell their work on Saturday, April 8.
Booth Space: 10x10
Early Bird Rate: $25 (before February 1)
Regular Rate: $30 (February 2 – March 20)
Up & Coming Student Artist Rate: $15 (by March 20)
Click here for the Juried Arts and Crafts Festival application.
Questions? Contact Amy Levine at (336) 322-1161 or Amy.Levine@piedmontcc.edu.