Nominations for PCC’s Alumnus of the Year award accepted through March 10
The Piedmont Community College (PCC) Alumni Partnership is now accepting nominations for the 2016 Alumnus of the Year award. Nominees must:
• Have successfully completed a degree, diploma, or certificate program at Piedmont Community College
• Demonstrate support to the College through monetary contributions and/or volunteer services
• Exhibit achievements in their profession
• Display outstanding service in civic/community affairs
• Not currently be employed by Piedmont Community College
Nominators are asked to submit a completed nomination and biographical information form, both available online at
http://www.piedmontcc.edu/Community/Supporting-the-College/Alumni-Partnership/Alumnus-of-the-Year-Award or by contacting Patti Clayton at email@example.com. Nominations are also encouraged to include up to three letters of recommendation.
In 2016, Alan Duncan was named Alumnus of the Year. Duncan received his accounting degree in 1994 from Piedmont Community College and currently serves as vice president of operations at Twinings North America, located in Greensboro. He still gives his time and expertise to the PCC Alumni Partnership as a member of the scholarship committee and advisory board.
All 2017 nominations are due to PCC’s Alumni Partnership office by Friday, March 10. The award announcement will be made during PCC’s Step into the Arts event, which also includes a student art show, on Friday, April 7 at the Kirby Cultural Arts Complex.
Photo: Alan Duncan, 2016 Alumnus of the Year, with PCC Alumni Partnership Chair, Shirley Deal.