Learn how to make a perfect cake with Chef Jillian Whitlow at PCC
Piedmont Community College will offer the Simply Irresistible Cooking: How to Make Perfect Cakes course on Thursday, July 21 from 5:30 –
8:30 p.m. This class will be held on the Person County Campus, 1715 College Dr., Roxboro in Building S, Room 100.
Chef Jillian Whitlow, owner of Icing on the Cakery
, will teach participants how to:
· Make cakes with no crumbs, no crowning and no cracking;
· Create a flawless decorating surface every time;
· Learn the proper way to combine ingredients and avoid over-mixing to end up with a tender cake;
· Learn how to level the top of your cake and cut it into layers to make room for homemade filling;
· Learn how to use a spatula to spread smooth, crumb-free icing and achieve a rich, textured look;
· Learn to pipe an easy, elegant star border and embellish further with wonderful decorations.
All ingredients are included in the $35 price! AND you get to eat at the end of class!
To enroll in the Simply Irresistible Cooking course or for more information, contact PCC’s Workforce Development Team at (336) 322-2156.