Students are taught to perform at a more complex skill level when attending to patients or residents regardless of the setting. This course includes class, laboratory, and clinical learning experiences. Upon satisfactory completion of the course, skill/competency evaluation, and State exam students are eligible to apply for listing as a Nurse Aide II by the NC Board of Nursing.
PREREQUISITE: High School Diploma or High School Equivalency and listed on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry with no allegations of abuse, neglect or misappropriation of property. www.ncbon.org
NURSE AIDE II CLASS SCHEDULE OFFERING:
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
NURSE AIDE II COSTS
1. Tuition: The registration fee is $188. This includes tuition fee and student liability fee.
2. Optional Student Accident Insurance: $1.25, paid with registration fee when requested by the student.
3. Textbook: $77, contact the bookstore on our Person County Campus at (336) 322-2339. Students must have a book on the first day of class.
4. Uniform: Price will vary depending on place of purchase. Ceil blue scrubs and closed toe, closed heel white non-canvas shoes and white socks are required for clinical.
5. Other costs: Stethoscope, blood pressure cuff and a watch with a second-hand.
6. NNAAP: $25 State competency exam, paid on the last day of class
The following items are required on the first day of class:
• Tuberculosis (TB) skin test results;
• High School diploma or High School Equivalency certificate;
• NA I certification (must be current);
• Valid driver’s license or government issued ID;
• Original signed social security card; and
• Name on ID and social security card must match.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to register, please contact the Workforce Development office at:
Caswell County Campus - (336) 694-8064
Person County Campus - (336) 322-2133
or email firstname.lastname@example.org