Student Complaint Resolution Procedure

Piedmont Community College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Students residing outside of the State of North Carolina while attending PCC who desire to resolve a grievance should follow the College's Student Grievance Process.  However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your State. 

If a complaint cannot be resolved through the institution’s grievance procedures, students may file a complaint with the University of North Carolina General Administration. Please review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF), print and complete the Student Complaint Form (PDF) and submit the complaint to:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Student Complaints
University of North Carolina General Administration
910 Raleigh Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2688

Website: North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints

Students may also file a complaint through SARA NC.  SARA North Carolina is a program of the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority.

SARA North Carolina (Information)

SARA NC Complaint Form

The Student Grievance Contact Information for Individual States provides phone numbers, emails and/or links to state education agencies.

Student Complaint Information by State and Agency

Directory of State Authorization Agencies and Lead Contacts

Piedmont Community College is accredited by the

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges

If a student has evidence of an institution’s significant non-compliance with SACSCOC standards, policies, or procedures, the individual should inform SACSCOC using the Complaints Against Institutions: Information Sheet and Form.