Customized Training Programs
The Customized Training Program supports the economic development efforts of the State by providing education and training opportunities for eligible businesses and industries. This program is designed to react quickly to the needs of business and industry and to respect the confidential nature of proprietary processes and information within those organizations.
In order to receive assistance, eligible businesses and industries must demonstrate two or more of the following criteria:
- The business is making an appreciable capital investment.
- The business is deploying new technology.
- The business is creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the State.
- The skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance.
Let Piedmont Community College help your business be more effective by partnering with you to offer:
– The College provides a nationally recognized assessment of individuals’ skills through the use of WorkKeys®. WorkKeys® assesses up to ten areas of skills. Three skill areas that lead to the NC Career Readiness Certificate are: Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information. You'll find more information at the National Career Readiness Website
– If you are new to the area or expanding your existing workforce, the College can work with you to develop a training plan that ensures that your new hires have the skills necessary to be effective. Call us BEFORE you start hiring in order to benefit from training funds.
– PCC can provide customized training that meets the training needs of YOUR employees. Develop your employees into more skilled and knowledgeable workforce; PCC can help! The College provides skills professional instructors and flexible training hours that work for your schedule. The following are a few examples of the training offered:
- Blueprint Reading
- Computer skills, software & applications
- Forklift Training
- Industrial Maintenance
- Industrial Troubleshooting
- International & Quality Standards ISO/QS
- Interpersonal Skills Training
- Math & Measurements
- Programmable Logic Controls
- Safety and Health Programs
- Statistical Process Controls
- Team Building
– With ACT's Job Profiling process, a PCC ACT-trained facilitator works collaboratively with groups of your employees to complete each job analysis. Employees serve as the subject matter experts who define the tasks and skills needed to perform a specific job successfully. An analysis of critical tasks and skills are identified and aligned with levels of effective performance. By matching the job profile information with individual scores on the WorkKeys® assessments, you can make reliable decisions about hiring, training, and program development needs. For those not meeting desired levels of knowledge, employees may enroll into KeyTrain® to improve their skills. For more information visit our WorkKeys® Job Profiling page
Attracting a qualified workforce is critical to any employer. Piedmont Community College’s Pre-Employment training program is customized to employer needs so that companies find the most qualified employees for job openings.
Benefits of Pre-Employment Training:
- Employers and potential employees have the ability to assess each other and determine if there is a job match.
- Make assessments of potential new employees to ensure they have the skills needed to be successful on the job.
- Provide orientation information about the job and plant tours to ensure potential employees are suited to the working environment.
Pre-Employment Training Contents can be customized to fit your company needs. Below are a few examples:
- Orientation to the company including work schedule, expectations and benefits
- Plant Tour
- Team Building
- Interpersonal Skills & Work Ethics
- Math and Measurement
- Statistical Process Control
- Reading & Writing
- Safety & Health
- Assessment Quizzes
Pre-employment training may be delivered at no cost to companies who are expanding their workforce. Others pay a minimal registration fee per person plus material costs based on the length of the course.
Director, Small Business Center/Customized Training Programs
(888) 922-4282 Fax
105 North Main Street, Roxboro, NC 27573